Part 2

"Mar......cus"

Seeing that face...

It  made me think the worst possible thing that could happen to her.

It's been almost 2 hours and yet no one is coming outside the emergency room to tell me what's going on inside.

She was rushed at the hospital after the incident of hit and run coz the driver is nowhere to be found. I was just holding her hand while she was being brought to the ER unconcious and I can't help but cry coz of the image of her I'm seeing as of that moment.

But all I can blame of this....was me right?

I impatiently and at the same time, nervously pace back and forth outside the ER. I was uncertain of what to happen and yet...I was expecting the worst. But on the back of my mind, I continuously wish it would never happen. Coz when that happens....I'll blame nothing but myself.

"Jagiya~"

I keep on recollecting her happy face when I decided to sit by the chair and face-palmed. As my eyes close, pictures of her sweet smile and the sound of her sweet voice only occupied my mind.. But...

"Mar....cus"

"NO!!!!" I saw my hands shaking. Tears threaten to fall. No. I can't imagine the horror of losing her.. no..please no.

"Marcus." I turned to see who called me and it was..

"Aiden-hyung!" 

He came with his girlfriend who is also Yun Ah's friend, Yoto. Both of them walked to me and sat beside me.

"Everything's going to be alright. She will be alright." hyung said as he pats me in the shoulder.

"Yun Ah..she's a very tough girl, she'll get through this, so please, don't worry about it too much." Yoto said to me as comforting words.

"Hyung, Yoto-ah...I don't know what to do! What if I lose her??? I can't take it if I lose her!" I said as the tears already trailed in my face. "This is all because of me!"

"Yah!! Marcus! Don't say that! You never wanted this!! And you won't lose her!" even though I can't see it exactly, I can feel that Yoto's crying too as she says all of that.

"But---" before I could continue, the doctor came out. We all stood up and await of what he will say.

"Are you, the patient's family?"

"We're...her friends" it was Yoto who answered.

"Well, the patient is already out of danger." and I was relieved to hear that..."but...I'm sad to say that she's in a coma state right now."

"C-coma??" she shockly said.

"Yes, we don't know for how long she would stay in that condition, so we're keeping her under observation to monitor her health. She may be out of danger but still, there are some complications so, we need to make sure that she'll still be safe. For now, we will transfer her to a room, by then you can come and visit her." then he went away.

Comatose.

Does it mean...

I won't be seeing those smiles...

I won't be hearing that voice...

I slowly walked in the room where she was transferred. I can see that she went through a lot of pain. A lot of apparatus was connected to her and I can't describe how horrifying it was for me to see her like this.

"Yun Ah..." I sat to her bedside controlling my tears. It's depressing enough to see her this way. "Jagiya....please open your eyes. I'm here jagiya. I'm here now. I'm sorry..." as I expected, I can no longer hold these tears of mine, so I just let them fall. I held her hand... "I'm so sorry jagiya....I didn't mean to--------. I'm very sorry. So please wake up...please..please wake up and be mad at me. I'd rather it be that way than seeing you like this. Please jagiya...wake up...." I was just crying there, burying my face to her hand. I can also hear Yoto sobbing.

/* FLASHBACK */

"Eh????"

"Wae?" I said to her with the hint of being annoyed, as she make that childish expression of hers.

"What was it again??? You're a math genius??!" her, with the unbelieving face.

"Look if you don't want to believe then it's fine." I was just about to go away until she grabbed me by the hand.

"Yah!!" with the cheerful tone. "Then you can tutor me right??? Please? Please..Mr....???"

"Marcus...Marcus Cho."

This girl, I just met her a while ago. I was looking at the bulletin board to see if something was going on around the university these days, then she entered the scene. Asked directions. She went after hearing my instruction but then she returned with an upset face. She blamed me for being lost and giving wrong directions.

"You said it was on the 8th room, when actually it was on the 7th room! Oh come on! Don't you know how to count??" she told me as she complain about being lost.

" Tsk. I know how to count..how can a math genius won't know how to count? And yeah it's on the 8th room! Including the Faculty Room" I frowned at her. Tsk. I'm somehow annoyed at her.

And so it happened....that was the first time we met.

"I'm Yun Ah Park!! And I'm going to study here from now on, let's be friends okay, mr. math genius Marcus Cho! And oh please tutor me with math coz I hate math...seriously! And once I hate something, I'll probably won't bother to study them..but since you're here..." 

Cheerful, always full of energy. Where the heck she got that unlimited source of energy? She never gets tired even though after a run of 2 laps around our oval. She's incredible. And yeah, as you can see, she's very talkative. Once she start talking, it will be non-stop! Things unrelated to the topic will suddenly pop-out because of her. And she's quite childish. Once she didn't get what she wanted, she'll start to act cute like pouting and do the puppy-eyes...specially to me. Tsk. And I always lost to that technique! The word 'immature' can also describe her. There are certain problems that she would rather escape from than to face and solve it, sometimes she would give a fuss to small things. 

But even with all of these annoying and irritating traits...

Still....

I fell inlove with her.

/*END OF FLASHBACK*/

"We don't know when she will wake up.." that's the doctor's answer when I asked him.."but, there is also a possibilty that....she won't wake up."

"Jagiya...you'll wake up right? You'll still see me right? Jagiya, I'll wait. I'll wait until you open your eyes. I'll be sure that when you wake up, I'll be here beside you. By then, I'll be waiting Jagiya..so please........

......wake up for me."