L i v i n g A L I e

December 27, 2019

December 27, 2019

Meech was happy to be around family, but Detroit always seemed like a distraction . He didn't understand why he was still sitting in on meetings that had nothing to do with him . He was promised college, but here he was again . To some this seemed odd , but he was used to it . He had talked to his grandmother earlier that day and she told him to stop by at 4:30pm . So the entire meeting, his mind wasn't there at all but on what his grandmother needed to talk to him about .

"Meech, what's the word on them Miami boys", his uncle T asked . "They straight , Snook on point he had to lay low for a while", Meech replied knocking him out of his train of thought. "Tell him to hit my line when he's back active", Meech nodded. For the rest of the meeting , he scrolled on his phone responding to text messages . The guys were talking about going to the club that night and Meech was not there for it at all . He was gonna stay in at his grandmothers house and probably talk to Saint .

After the meeting was over , he grabbed a water out of the mini fridge and left his uncle's house before he could say anything to him. Meech looked at his watch and it was 3:05, he decided to meet up with his cousin Little Terry after the meeting . They were meeting up about four blocks over at South Shore Drive Park.

Meech got out of his Aston Martin , blowing the ashes off of his blunt walking up to an empty bench sitting on it . He clutched his 9 mm , while taking in his surroundings . The park was empty and there was snow on the ground , however there was no telling who was waiting in the wind for an opportunity .

"You always been on point cuzzo", Terry walked up with his hand out to dap Meech. "I got to in this city I swear", he replied returning the handshake with his first cousin. "So what you think about this new shit , I don't want no parts?", Meech asked . " Yeah me either, I know you got your college thing. Can't have one foot in and one out", he replied . "That's what I know and that's why I don't want no feet in", Meech gazed off into the snow covered park.

They chatted for 20 more minutes before Meech made his way to his grandmothers house. Pulling up he made a note of a Red BMW coupe behind his grandmothers two cars. He got out and walked up to the door using his key to get in. "Nana!!",he yelled . "In the den Demtrius!!", she yelled back . He felt his phone vibrating , he pulled it out of his pocket while stopping in the kitchen.

"Hey babe, what you doing ?", Saint asked. "Nothing got to Nana house, she wanna talk", he said opening the fridge to see if she had something he could eat really fast. He spotted Popeyes, so he opened it and grabbed two wings before putting them in the microwave . "Oh ok, what you think it's about?", she asked . "I don't know, where you about to go?", he asked her . "New York , in the car with my sisters taking them to the city . Bought to burn this card up again", she laughed. "Think about your man while you burning shit down Mook". "You know I got you baby boy, I saw some stuff in Aeropostale you would love", she laughed. "Stop playing with me".

The microwave went off , he grabbed his chicken and  walked to the den. Saint was talking his ear off , but he heard a voice outside of his grandmothers . He told Saint he would call her back later and stood back to listen to the voices . It seemed like his Nana was talking to a woman about him . Once he appeared in the doorway , he got the shock of his life . The woman he only saw in pictures was looking back at him and she was a mirror image of him .

"What's going on?", he asked almost dropping his chicken. Both of the woman stood to their feet . "Demetrius this is your mother ..".

After Meech told Saint he would call her back , she turned the music back up as her and sisters crossed the George Washington Bridge into New York

After Meech told Saint he would call her back , she turned the music back up as her and sisters crossed the George Washington Bridge into New York . She was enjoying the way her car drove and couldn't wait to get to smoother pavement back home . Her car was being shipped in two days beating her home.

"So where to first ?", she asked. "SOHO for sure", Amira spoke as she scrolled on her phone . "Cool", Saint replied and the car got silent. Once she pulled up to a parking lot , they got out to pay the parking
attendant . "What y'all trying to get into ?", Saint asked . "Let's do some shopping and grab some food", Aniya replied .

2 1/2 Hours Later ...

The girls had been to Miu Miu, The Webster , YSL and What Goes Around . Saint wanted to get back to Jersey before it got dark, so they made their way back to the car with 4 bags a piece . Once in the car , Saint finally took out her phone seeing 7 missed calls and 9 text messages from Meech.

"Oh shit", she mumbled. She pulled off as soon as everyone was in the bed comfortably. Saint place her phone on the magnetic holder and FaceTimed him back . "Omg are you ok?", she asked. "Hell no, my whole childhood was a lie", he replied with tears in his eyes .

How should Meech feel ? Should he get to know her or not ?

Was his grandmother right for meeting with his mother or was she overstepping her boundaries ?