B D a y

Same Day

Same Day

"Wassup? You good?", he asked . "No, I had a hard night with my mom and a hard time ..", she mumbled on the phone. "Where are you now ? I'm in Detroit right now , I'll be back tonight if you need to vent", he replied . "I really do , hopefully we still go get my car today. I'm so stuck about it , she was doing so well". "Trust I know how that can be , life is crazy but look I'm about to go to this family meeting and I will call you when it's over", he replied . They said their goodbyes and Saint was left in her room to reflect . She got up and showered , praying her mother was back to normal so that she could get her car.

As she lathered herself in the shower , she begin to think what life would be like if her mother started to drink again. Her childhood was full of physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her mother . She had to cover bruises since kindergarten and she didn't want to think of the memories. It was embarrassing going up to the local bar begging her to come home because you were hungry . Her having boyfriends that sat around drinking all day with her and not trying to get her help. Life was rough. She felt a sense of freedom since her mother came home from treatment 3 and a half years ago. She replaced those thoughts with positive ones , she was going to get her car today and celebrate her best friends birthday. The cuts on her legs stung as she showered, she silently promised herself that she would never do it again. Turning the shower off , she walked out to her bedroom and saw her mother at the foot of her bed.

"Baby , I am so sorry . I don't know what happened but I will start going back to my meetings this evening ", her mother told her . Saint just nodded and walked around her to her underwear drawer. "Please talk to me , I feel horrible Saint". "I don't know what else to say but can we go to the dealership please", Saint replied. Her mother nodded leaving her room.

Saint continued getting dressed and checked her Instagram . It seemed her girls were ready for the night and she actually missed Meech , she wondered what his family meeting was about but didn't want to seem nosy . "Oh , yeah I'm ready to go to the dealership whenever you are. I'm dressed", her mother peeked in the room. Saint nodded with a huge smile, that is all she wanted to hear .Her mother closed her door and she proceeded to post a picture on the Gram and scroll through her friends posts..

Her mother closed her door and she proceeded to post a picture on the Gram and scroll through her friends posts