Chapter 2

The train rode silently across the tracks headed for district 2. Iris sat in her bedroom on her bed lost in her thoughts. She tried running away from them by takin a shower or even going and talking to Porter but none of them helped, those dark thoughts always came back. She sometimes tried to think about happy things like Max and her mother or even Clove but they didn't even help. Porter then came busting into her room. "We're here."

Iris got off her bed trying her best to put a smile on her face and push those thoughts away. She went into the living room to find no Clove and no Porter. She didn't think anything about it and just went and picked up one of the pastries to eat while she waited. She ate a jelly filled croissant covered with sugar. It was so good that it kept some of the bad thoughts away. She smiled at the croissant looking at the jelly inside. She then felt hands around her waist and heard a chuckle from behind her. Iris turned around so quickly she didn't even notice the other people who were entering the train. She felt Cloves little body against her and Iris melted into the feeling that she had been longing for. Clove pulled away from the hug and kisses Iris passionately on the lips. Iris kisses her back but this time she felt like they hadn't kissed in years, Iris smiled so big against Cloves lips. The kiss didn't last as long a Iris wanted,  the other people started talking and it got louder in the room.

Clove pulled away and Iris was met with those beautiful brown eyes but it was different, like this time they had a little more shine in them or a little more emotion. Iris cupped Cloves face and smiled. "Hey." Clove said as she leaned into Iris's hands. "Hey." Iris said then taking her hands off. Iris saw the other people in the room but when she looked around they were all staring at them. They were all emotional some of them almost had tears in their eyes. Iris looked at Clove and Clove just shrugged as she grabbed Iris's hand and led her to the table. Iris pulled out Cloves chair as Clove just looked at her and smiled, oh that smile that Iris had not seen in weeks it was so beautiful that Iris could look at it all day and never get tired of it.

Iris smiled back and sat down in a chair next to Clove. Then everyone came and sat down with them and started eating. There was food upon food, steak, ribs, fruits,vegetables, and lists of other good food items. Iris looked around in awe because she never got anything like this in the games. She could practically smell every food there and it all smelled like heaven. She then saw Cloves arm come across her. Clove came face to face with Iris as she tried to reach for the gravy. Clove looked at Iris and winked at her, that always gave Iris butterflies in her stomach especially since Iris hadn't seen Clove in so long. Iris and Clove ate their food rather quickly as the rest of the people took their time laughing and talking about who knows what. Iris wasn't really listening because she was to focused on Clove.

Iris was done and picked up her towel to wipe off her face but she felt and hand grab hers under the table and squeeze it. Iris looked over at Clove who was looking around frantically, She seemed almost overwhelmed. "Alright I'm done, it's been a long day I think I'm going to head to bed." Iris said still holding onto Cloves hand and slightly pulling her along. Clove got the hint and also stood up but she didn't say a word she just followed Iris. Iris opened the door to her bedroom and Clove practically pushed past her to get in first. Iris chuckled and closed the door behind her, "What's the big rush?" "I'm fine I was just trying to get you in here." Iris's jaw dropped as those words came out of Cloves mouth. "Not like that idiot, I just wanted some peace and quiet." Iris didn't say anything and she didn't move so Clove grabbed her hand and drug her towards the bed. Clove fell onto the bed and pulled Iris on top of her. "Wait, I'm gonna crush you." Iris said trying to stay up and Clove kept pulling her down. "It's fine." Clove said so Iris just let her pull her down. She fell ontop of Clove and she heard a grunt come out from under her. Iris smiled as she just laid there. Clove started weakly hitting Iris's back. Iris decided to roll over so that Clove was on top and could breath. Clove just looked at her with messy hair and a cute smile. "Hang on let me help." Iris said as she just messed up Cloves hair even more. Clove swatted Iris's hand away and giggled. "What am I not helping." "No not really." Clove said leaning down close to Iris. "Well how can I help." Clove just smiled at Iris as she kissed her. Iris wore a huge smile as they kissed, because it was just Iris and Clove floating on a cloud together, it was like a warm fuzzy feeling that completely came over Iris every time they kissed. Clove pulled back and gave Iris those brown eyes. Iris didn't fold this time as she just stared into her eyes. "You wanna know something." Iris said still looking at Clove. "What?" "All the small things you do keeps reminding me why I fell for you." "What do you mean." "Every time you kiss me or even when you do something as small as take my hand. I get butterflies in my stomach or feel all warm inside." "No I mean like what do you mean you fell for me?" Clove said raising an eyebrow at Clove. "All I'm saying is I will always look out for you no matter what, I will always keep you alive even if it means I have to die." Clove just looked at Iris and cupped her cheek with her hand. "You are not going to die or not on my watch." Clove said still looking at Iris. Iris didn't say anything she just got lost in those brown eyes again. Clove slowly leaned down and kissed Iris. Iris kissed her back, it felt magical but it ended rather quickly. Iris poured and looked at Clove with a frown. "Don't look at me like that we have a big day tomorrow, and you know it." Iris still pouted bed stopped when she felt Cloves head come down and rest on her chest. Iris slid her hands up and down Cloves back and soon she heard Cloves steady breathing. Iris soon fell asleep too but she had no nightmares no seeing dead people or people dying. She was at peace for once in weeks.

   Iris woke up with Clove still on top of her. Porter then came into the room. Iris quickly looked over at Porter with a what the heck look. "We are at district one." "Okay okay now get out we will be out in a second." Porter walked out and closed the door quietly. Iris picked up her hand and softly placed it on her back and nudged her. There was no response so Iris tried a different approach, she ran her fingers through her long silky dark hair. Still no response, Iris slowly rolled over but didn't put all of her weight on Clove. She just hovered over Cloves body as Clove didn't move. Iris decided just to kiss all over her face hoping she will wake up. Clove let out a sigh as she opened her eyes. "Hmm good morning." Clove just smiled and covered her face. "Good morning." "We have to get up we are here." Clove just peaked her eyes over the covers. Iris just laughed, "Get up sleepyhead." Iris said as she kissed her forehead then got off of her. Clove just put her head back under the covers and groaned. "If you don't get up I will make you." Clove once again just groaned so Iris decided to just get ready and maybe she will get up in a minute. Iris went and took a shower and brushed her teeth and hair. She put some nice comfortable clothes on and then walked out of the bathroom to see that Clove had just fallen back asleep. Iris went over to the side of the bed and threw the covers off of Clove. Clove groaned and tried to roll over but Iris got her and picked her up. "Heyyyy." Clove said poutingly. "Nope you need to take a shower." Iris said teasing. "What is that supposed to mean?" Iris didn't say anything back because Clove did still know how to throw knives and kill someone. Iris set her down in the bathroom and turned on the water. She felt Cloves head lean against her back. "Do you want cold or hot?" "Hmmmm hot." Iris did as she said and turned the water to hot, but not to hot so it is burning you skin off. Iris turned around and Cloves head was now on her chest, and Clove weakly put her arms around Iris's waist. "Noooo, put your arms up." Iris said taking her hands off of her waist. Clove held her arms up and Iris took off her shirt. Iris had to admire her for a second but quickly got back on task. "Ok now you undress yourself and take a shower I have to dry my hair." "But-" "No buts go take a shower." Iris said walking past her to the door. Iris opened the door, "Just say my name if you need me." "I'm fifteen years old stupid." "Hey I was just saying I mean I'm seventeen and I still tell for my mom sometimes to like get me something I forgot." "Okay I will yell at you if I need to." Clove said still undressing. Iris wasn't looking at her to give her privacy so she just closed the door and went and dried her hair and smiled to herself. "Man a whole grand tour with the person I like most, and it's about our love, this couldn't get any better." Iris whispered to herself as she dried her hair.

   (I tried to make a cute little chapter, I hope you liked it. If you did I will have more chapters coming for you soon. Be safe out there :)