Chapter 12

Once the elevator doors opened Iris sprinted to her room and closed her door locking it. She went and sat down on the edge of her bed as she heard the elevator ding and someone came running in. They started knocking on her door over and over. Iris wasn't going to give in to Porter but then she heard a voice call out her name. "Iris Iris it's me Clove, Please let me in." Clove said with fear in her voice. Iris sprung up and ran to the door quickly unlocking it and dragging Clove in and shutting the door again. "What are you doing here? You arnt supposed to be here." Iris said placing her hands on Cloves shoulders. "I had to make sure you were okay. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he hurt you." "Clove I'm fine now you need to leave before-" "I'm not leaving Iris." Clove said looking at Iris seriously. Clove brought her hand up to Iris's cheek then turned her head to the side. "He already hurt you." "That was there before-" "Yes I know it was there before I saw it but he made it even worse. Your bleeding....bad." Clove said cutting Iris off and taking her to the bathroom. Clove turned on the faucet and put a rag under the cold water. Clove then brought the rag to Iris's bleeding head. Iris winced away and scrunched up her face. "I know it hurts but it will help." Clove said grabbing Iris's chin keeping her still then softly placing the rag on her bleeding gash. Just then the elevator dinged again, Iris and Clove looked at each other with fear when they heard banging on the door. "I forgot to lock it back when you came in." Iris said switching her eyes between Clove and the doorway of the bathroom.

The door creaked open as Porter stepped into the room. "Get out here Iris all I wanna do is talk." Iris looked at Clove and she gently pushed her into the shower and closed the door. "Stay here I will come get you in a minute." Iris said closing the shower door. Iris walked out of the bathroom feeling blood trickle down her head because Clove kept the rag with her. "Get out Porter." Iris said standing her ground. "Come on Iris don't be like that." Porter said smiling. "Get out before I make you." Iris said taking a step closer to Porter. Porter smiled at Iris, "I know your little friend is in the shower." Iris's stomach dropped as Porter jumped at her making her fall over and slam her head against the floor. Darkness quickly overcame Iris as she laid cold hard on the floor.

Iris woke up still laying on the ground barely able to move. She tried standing up but fell over when her legs gave out from under her. All she heard was a ringing in her ears and her head was pounding as she tried to stand up again. This time she got all the way up and started walking towards the bathroom. Her hearing started clearing up a bit but when it did she heard Clove screaming her name. Iris got to the bathroom as fast as she could to see Porter with his hand around Cloves neck holding her against a wall. He hadn't hit her yet or at least from what Iris could see. "Let go of her." Iris said making Porter turn around still having his hand on Cloves neck. Iris took a step toward him but Porter raised his fist threatening to punch Clove. Iris cocked her head and jumped at Porters legs before he even had the chance to punch Clove. Porter fell over causing him to drop Clove. Clove fell to her knees and Iris quickly got up and placed herself between Clove and Porter. Porter laid on the ground for a second before vomiting, it reeked of alcohol. Iris saw this as a chance to get Clove back to the elevator. Iris grabbed Clove by the waist and threw her over her shoulder. Once they got in the elevator Iris put down Clove inside then pressed the floor 2 button. As Iris went to step out Clove grabbed her hand pulling her back inside as the doors closed. Iris turned and looked at Clove who was thankfully unharmed. "Are you okay did he do anything to you?" Iris asked checking her over just in case. "Iris" Clove said trying to get Iris's attention. "I just need to check you over just in case." Iris said still not paying attention to Clove. "Iris" Clove said gently grabbing Iris's chin. Iris didn't say anything back she just flicked her eyes between Cloves brown ones. "Are you okay?" Clove asked once again. Iris didn't respond she just pulled away from Cloves hand and dropped her head and releasing a heavy sigh. The doors to the elevator opened and Iris kissed Clove on the head, "This is your stop." "Iris I'm being serious." "I know me too." "Talk to me." Clove said once again cupping Iris's cheek. "I already told you I'm not very good at talking." Iris said closing her eyes and gently pushing Clove out of the elevator as she pushed floor 5. Clove just looked at her as the doors closed but Iris couldn't bear to make eye contact. Not right now.