𝙾𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝙿𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 .

Previously.. Ghosts had come to Mystic Falls thanks to Bonnie lifting the veil temporarily. During this Lexi showed Elena the key to getting Stefan's humanity back.

Maggie was walking through a tunnel with Damon as he lead her to Alaric and Elena.

She had heard them talking but Damon told her to be quiet so he could scare her.

" Yeah. Careful where you shine that thing. Bats hate the light." Alaric warned.

" Wait. What?"

" Elena." Damon whispered, making Elena turn around immediately, "Boo!"

Elena smacked him in the arm and said, " God, Damon."

" Scaredy-cat." He taunted

"Just ignore him. That's what I do." Alaric added.

" So you really can't get in?"

" No. Seems even the ancient Lockwoods were anti-vampire."

" What do you mean ancient?" Elena asked

" Aren't you a straight A student? Ancient means old." Maggie remarked, causing Elena to glare at her.

" Come on."

" Well, this is as far as I get to go." Damon said pointing to the entrance of the cave.

" What is all this?" Elena asked.

" Well, as far as I can tell, its a story. In simple archaeological terms its a really old story. That right there is a moon cycle. A man. A wolf." Alaric stated.

" A werewolf." Maggie and Elena said at the same time.

" Yeah. It's in the Lockwood diaries. Pictionary style."

" I don't understand. I thought the Lockwoods came here with the original founders in the 1860s."

" Well, maybe the Lockwoods did but according to this wall these werewolves have been here a lot longer than that." Alaric addded.

" How long?" Elena asked.

" Long. Gets better. Show her, Ric."

" Names and they're not native. They're written in runic, a Viking script. This name here when translated, it reads Niklaus."

" Klaus." Elena realized.

" And Elijah. And Rebekah."

" These are the names of the original family?" Elena asked.

"Carved into a cave that's been here since way before the founding of Mystic Falls or even the entire new world, for that matter."

" Okay, this has gotta be one of Klaus' fakes."

" That's what I said." Damon agreed.

" That could be true except the last name up here made us think otherwise."

" What's the name?" Maggie asked.

" Mikael."

" Mikael, as in the vampire hunter who knows how to kill Klaus?"

" Yep. And I like to call him Papa Original." Damon said as he smirked.

>>>

After being in that tunnel Maggie felt nasty so she went home and washed up.

She had fell asleep but woke up to her ringtone.

She had picked up her phone before reading the name and said, " Hello?"

" Maggie, can you come to the Salvatores house." Rebekah said.

" Are you okay?" Maggie asked hearing she had been crying.

" Yeah, fine."

" Im on my way."

Maggie had made it to their house 10 minutes later and heard crying.

" Rebekah?" She called out as she walked into the parlor.

She saw Rebekah on the floor in tears, so she rushed over and engulfed her in a hug, " What happened?"

" He killed her. He killed our mother." She barely got out.

" Who?" Maggie asked.

" Nik."

A/N: I really hate filler chapters but guess who's about to come back.