Chapter 1 (part I): The Decommissioned Battlecarrier

Sounds of metal being attached to metal could be heard from a tall and long ship, Oswald was hard at work doing one of his many pass times which this one was overhauling his ship. Oswald was currently working on the wooden runway of his ship, if he ever went to combat again, then he would need a metal runway. It had been six years since he retired early, he never wanted to get into the details of it since it brought back bad memories.

A few meters away from him were two ship girls walking towards his ship, one had revealing clothing and a headband that looked like bunny ears. The other wore formal attire and was shorter than the other.

Heinrich: Is this the place, it looks dark and scary.

Hipper: Oh relax, this place is far from scary, heck my sister Blucher wouldn't be scared and she hates scary things

The girls were right, Oswald had hidden himself far away from the crimson axis to a remote village north of Germany. The Harbor he was in was old and in disrepair but it still allowed him to work on his ship.

Hipper: Where is this kid? This is getting me impatient!

Heinrich: Relax Hipper, he is right there.

Heinrich pointed at the big ship, Hipper had seen the photos of it but in person was a whole very underwhelming.

Hipper: *quiet whisper* I can't believe i made my way here for this dumb kid, i bet he's not strong.

Heinrich: Someone is in a bad mood.

Hipper: No I'm not, you water balloon, im just mad that I'm not on a real mission and have to find some retired coward.

Heinrich: Well I think he must be somewhere here, let's check there.

While the girls continued their search, Oswald was watching them from a building. Oswald watched as they walked feather into the harbor, his slow rage coming through as not only does he not want to be part of the crimson axis again but they reminded him of his sisters.

Oswald jumped from the roof gaining good air due to him having the abilities of a carrier allowing him to fly.

*Trigger Happy Havoc*

Oswald readied his attack as he activated one of his kansen skills preparing to attack the two.

Hipper: This is getting us nowhere!

Heinrich: I know, let's split up so we can cover more ground.

Hipper: Good plan, if you find something call me.

Heinrich: Ok. i will go left, you go right.

They both took their respective path as Hipper walked through a factory in the harbor. Hipper was angry about what she was doing, this wasn't what the great Hipper would do but here she is, stuck searching for some random kid.

Hipper: Stupid Mikasa and Bismarck, making me find this kid i don't even know exist.

Before Hipper could talk under her breath about her problems more, a crack could be heard from the ceiling.

Hipper: Dang old building, can't believe I'm doing th-

Just then, the ceiling broke open with twenty shells flying at her. Hipper dodged to the side to avoid the deadly attack confused at what could make before another volley of shells gazed at her body with one making a cut on her face.

Hipper: What the fuck *gasp* show yourself you prick, you think your funn-

A figure appeared in the smoke slowly walking out of the smoke cloud towards Hipper. It revealed what Hipper was looking for which was an anthropomorphic rabbit with a mask on his face, he had his riggings active. The right side has the cannons of a battleship with two triple turrets and one quadruple turret while the left was one huge carrier runway.

Hipper: There you are! Are you trying to kill me or what!

Oswald left no response, only moving closer to her and having his riggings locked on her.

Hipper: Stay back, I'm warning you. I am the mighty Hipper so don't test m-

She was interrupted when Oswald sent two volleys from his cannons at her in quick succession making dodging hard. Oswald then took the time to raise his right leg to do an axe kick that nearly hit Hipper. As Hipper tried to recover from the first volley of attack, Oswald sent a powerful kick that sent Hipper through the wall with her catching some height before slamming on the ground.

Hipper: ughhh....Nnnf *gasp* haah haah.

Hipper could only watch as Oswald just walked towards her, not even breaking a sweat nor taking the time to run to her. This made Hippers blood boil as she got up and ready an attack.

Hipper: All-Out-Assult

Hipper sent her own volley to Oswald but she can just watch in disbelief as Oswald blocked the attack with his hand leaving no scratches on him.

*Flammable Smokescreen Burst*

Oswald released a smokescreen which confused Hipper before setting it on fire creating a cloud of fire. Hipper screamed in agony as the flames burned her, then Oswald rushed through the flames grabbing Hipper by the neck and slamming her on a wall, and pinning her there.

Hipper: Aghh!! Let...ME-*Gasp* GO!

That only made Oswald apply more pressure on her neck slowly turning her face blue, tears formed in Hippers eyes as she tried to hold on to her dear life but it was hard due to the pressure being put on her.

Heinrich: Don't Touch her!

Oswald turned around only to be hit by 15-inch shells sending him crashing into the building behind Hipper.

Heinrich: Hipper! Stay with me, everything will be fine.

Hipper: *gasp* i....can-

Heinrich: it's okay, what's more important is to get you somewhere sa-

Heinrich heard a noise in the distance, she turned to see what it was only for her to see a flying object rush towards her with rockets attached to the sides. The unknown object fired its payload at them as Heinrich carried Hipper through the volley to not get hurt, Heinrich opened her eyes as dust surrounded her before hearing sounds from the building where Oswald was.

Heinrich: Im warning you, one more step and i won't hesitate to fire!

Heinrich watched as an injured Oswald with scars and cuts came out of the wreckage, he was bleeding heavily and had pointed the left side of his rigging in the air. Now Heinrich knew where the flying object came from as it was done similarly to how graf zeppelin and Kaga did it. Oswald readied himself for an attack when his damaged mask fell off. Oswald look dazed from the attack and fell to the ground too tired to do anything.

Heinrich: You're the kid we've been looking for....you don't need to fight anymore, big sis Heinrich is here.

Heinrich knew how to calm kids during her time taking care of the destroyers and subs, Oswald was a special case for her and just by looking at him, she can tell he was afraid and scared so she scooped him up in her arms and started to pass her hands through his head repeatedly.

Heinrich: poor thing, you shouldn't have to worry about your past and the trauma you endorsed back then.

Oswald sank his head into her upper chest as he started to calm down, Heinrich's heart started to flutter due to how cute Oswald was. Hipper got up and started to give head pats to Oswald.

Hipper: Im sorry for acting rude and aggressive....it's not like me to say this but i never wanted you to feel that way or give you ptsd.

Heinrich: let's get you back to base little one.

Oswald panicked about going back, he started to squirm a bit but all that went away from Heinrich putting her head closer to him.

Heinrich: I promise that nothing will happen or hurt you, i will find people who a kinder than those who hurt you, i promise.

Heinrich, a bruised Hipper, and a tired Oswald made the trip back to the crimson axis headquarters. Heinrich was starting to grow fond of Oswald while Hipper let him be the only person she talked to with kindness.