36- Will Fell First... And Harder

MIKE POV-

---- A few minutes earlier 12:59 PM ----

After receiving a confirmation text from Dustin, the group collectively sighed a sigh of relief. All worried by the small boy's unusual disappearance, as the last time he was left alone (in the wood) he almost got killed by Troy and James, but that wouldn't happen again, right? It would be inhumane and illogical for that to happen, and besides the two boys have been leaving Will along with the rest of the students alone since camp. Before the stabbing incident they were by no means popular, but getting beaten up by both Mike AND Lucas tarnished their reputation severely.

The ravenette searched with the athletic boy to scan the perimeter of the school looking for Will. Both diligent worried for their friend; Mike went into overdrive looking for him, and Lucas ensuring the boy doesn't hurt himself or others in pursuit of his missing 'boyfriend'?

Lucas was unclear what the situation between Mike and Will were: although a date for the pair could mean they were 'testing the waters'.

Upon reaching the courtyard Lucas stopped, a sombre look on his face.

Mike, noticing this peculiar behaviour turned around, his eyes widening, "Is everything okay?" worried for his friend's sudden change in emotion.

"I heard you asked Will out..." Lucas started, knowing it was better to get his feelings out now before the tension between became thick. The athletic boy had no Interest in perusing Will anymore if he was with the ravenette.

"Yeah!" Mike spat, defensive of the notion; it was clear Lucas still had harbouring feelings for the small boy as they told each other during camp, though something had shifted. What would Lucas even say to the situation? Would he be angry? Annoyed?

But the athletic boy's face morphed, his expression turning to a friendly one as his face softened, tenderly smiling, "I just wanted to say congrats!" Softly proclaiming, happy for the beginning of a relationship between his two friends.

"What?" Mike was taken back, he calculated Lucas to be furious or envious, but it didn't seem like that... not at all.

"Congrats" he repeated, his voice steady "All I ask is that you promise to make Will happy!"

"I promise, don't worry..." Mike chuckled

"But if you be mean to him, I will snoop in and take him for myself" Lucas playfully rolled his eyes

"I will literally fight you!" The ravenette deadpanned jokingly, causing both to laugh aloud, but the voices dying down; creating an uncomfortable silence as they refused to move from their spot.

"Lucas..." The ravenette's voice softened, scanning the features of his friend, breaking the void.

"I'm fine Mike!" The athletic boy waved his hands around, already knowing what Mike was going to say, "I told you that I would be fine if you got with him!"

"I know but... I know how much you like hi-" The ravenette began before being cut off

"MIKE!" the athletic boy nudged his side pointing up at the roof; his eyes widening upon seeing the sight. He could definitely see Troy strangling someone, it wasn't clear who. But Mike, after analysing the brunette's features for many days, and sitting behind him in class knew the back of Will's head.