24.

La'Neka

" Valentine, Mama what's wrong with you?" I coo to my crying baby, as I walk around patting her back

But she that doesn't even smooth her, she starts to cry even more. I sigh, because this has been going on for hours and I don't know what's wrong with her. I changed her diaper, feed her, I don't know if she could sense that I was getting ready to leave. Tonight Kentrell and I was going on our offical first date tonight. Kentrell was going to take her over to his house so his sister could watch Valentine for me.

I was a bit nervous, this was my first date with another man besides Dayvon. I didn't know what to expect after all this was a totally different person. I was convincing myself that it was no need to freak out or worry. That I was making the best decision for myself. This moving on thing was the best thing I could do.

" Come on Val, it's okay mama I'll only be gon for a couple hours ", I say to her, looking at her crying face.

I swear everyday she was looking more like Von, I still see my features, but his was definitely in there. It's like it was no getting rid of that man. I still couldn't believe even with Valentine being in the same room with her, he had no interest to even see her. I hate I was so blind to see that everything he ever told me was a lie and I just fell for anything. As I go back into the livingroom, I hear my cellphone ringing, I grab it from the table but frown because this was an unfamiliar number.

I just know it wasn't who I thought it was. No way this man was calling me from a whole different number. Knowing good and damn well he was still in my contacts. I swear he werid as fuck.

I wait for a second while they connect me to the caller. Instead of them saying something, I could just hear them breathing.

" Aren't you gonna say something?" I say a bit harshly, waiting for to hear his sorry excuses.

" Nicki... Look I know we was supposed to be going out tonight", The voice says, but it wasn't Von's... it was Kentrell's.

" Oh my Gosh, Kentrell?! Is everything okay?" I ask, shocked that it was him.

" Yeah I'm good, I just forgot I had to fly out to Miami for a show tonight, he says sighing.

" Oh wow really?" I ask him.