Dodici

What does one do when living life feels like a chore? Apparently no one knows. But everyone in the house feels that way. They have been feeling that way for a month. Adhira sits infront of the vanity and combs through her hair. Her gaze is unfocused and that says something about her state. Adhira never loses her focus. She is attentive at all times and now? Just losing her husband had made her lose herself too.

Romeo walks out of the closet, all dressed and ready to leave. He doesn't spare her a single glance, doesn't kiss her goodbye like he used to. A whole month of this and now she feels neglected. But she should. She did this to him. Just as he moves to the door, she calls out his name. "Romeo."

She had been quiet. All this time, she never uttered a word except for sorry. Took her a month to just call out his name. Romeo stopped. For what, he doesn't know. He doesn't want to hear another apology. He has heard enough of those, what he wants, is for the pain in his heart to just fucking stop so he can atleast breathe properly.

Adhira walked up to him and forwarded a gun. "You forgot this." Romeo's smile was bitter. "I didn't forget it Adhira. I left it there on purpose. We have assassins now, remember? They can protect me." Sarcasm was evident. He was mocking her. But she didn't react the way he expected. Instead she smiled. She genuinely smiled at him.

That was the most he had said to her in a month. "You're right. I will protect you. But if you don't carry your gun, then I'll have to come with you, and something tells me you don't like my face much these days." That was a new tactic. If he doesn't respond to her apology, maybe he will respond to her snarky remarks.

Romeo took his gun from her hands with narrowed eyes. He knew what she was doing and he actually wanted to give in. Just to calm his own soul. Just to let his heart beat again. "You're right. I would rather have a gun with me. Besides I don't really need to take you anywhere, you come on your own." Adhira's smile was sinister.

"I actually face some troubles, coming on my own. But with you? It's really easy and good, might I add." She was playing with fire, and she knew that. But anything is better than the silent treatment. He glared at her and she smiled some more. "Do you have trouble, coming alone too, Romeo?"

For fucks sake!

He was frustrated and in desperate need of something other than his hand but wouldn't give in so easily. No. He had more self control than that. Atleast he hoped he did, because she looked tempting. Adhira wore a long white embroidered kutra with palazzo, her multi colored dupatta was on the bed.

He loved it when she wore Indian clothes and she has been wearing alot of them. He thinks it has something to do with her trying to allure him. And like the hot blooded male he is, he will fall for it if he didn't run out. And he was mad at her. Right?

Well he was until a few minutes ago. He looked at her playful smile, her eyes inviting trouble and now, he wasn't so sure. Why was he even angry? Who even cares when his wife looks like that? She can murder people left and right, she is allowed.

Romeo shook his head, breaking out of the trance. No. He is not going to be that easy. Sure, the more he thinks about what she did to him, the less he cares about it. She killed some people because they were trying to hurt him. So what? Good for him. But she still lied. Fine, one more day, he will forgive her tomorrow, but he is not going to fall weak like a horny teenager today.

Romeo glared at Adhira once more and then turned to walk out.

🍂

Aadya tried to tie the strings of her dress behind her back but she wasn't as flexible. Her hands hurt after a couple tries and she almost gave up. Until the old bollywood movies she watched flashed into her mind. She has a husband, what was his use if he didn't do all this.