Sette

The lightning struck the sky and the rain pelted against the window. Days had passed with the three brothers increasing their home security, trying to keep their wives safe from the Americans.

They also went ahead and covered their tracks with the Russians. The Russian don was ready to attack when he heard about his underboss's murder but backed away when he realized that he would not only be fighting the Italian Mafia but a full front of them, including the Indian and the English.

Power plays a major game and Russian lacked it. He couldn't join hands with the Americans as he hated them just as much. So the battle was lost even before it was initiated. That had the men calming down a little. Especially Romeo, who didn't want his brothers and people to suffer through something because he killed a man.

Though the one thing in between all this that got affected was his marriage. Romeo really tried but he couldn't change himself into the perfect husband. He gives his wife everything she might need. He gives her respect, all the money there is in the world but he couldn't turn gentle and one such day he couldn't keep a leash on his emotions.

He brutally murdered a man and his wife saw it. She didn't mean to but she came across it and the terrifying scene infront of her unfurled like a horror film. She got jumpy. And scared of her husband even more than she was before for he saw her staring at the dead man, he saw her terrified and he couldn't do anything.

They fought. He questioned why she came to his warehouse in the first place and then why she watched the whole thing. She didn't have an answer to that. She didn't know why she stood there instead of running away. She didn't know why she stood and watched it all but she did. And now she can't unsee it, but him being harsh and screaming at her was no way of leading to a solution.

All that happened two weeks ago. Two whole weeks where Adhira has kept her distance from Romeo. She turned around and changed her direction if she ever saw him coming. She has slept on the very edge of the bed away from him and his advances.

Romeo felt bad. He felt guilty. He obviously shouldn't have fought with her that way but he was scared that she saw his true colors. That she finally saw the beast he was, one that he had tried so hard to keep away from her. But in between when his self preservation kicked in, he lost her. He showed her his anger, something he never had before and now she ignored his mere existence.

Well, not anymore. The rain and the storm outside were nothing compared to what he had going on inside of him. He will apologize and he will win her back. Every marriage has problems and he is ready to solve his own.

Adhira walked out of the bathroom, ready for bed when she saw her husband sitting onto her side. She didn't say anything to him, she simply decided to sleep on the couch. That's how angry she was.

"Adhira." Her feet stopped on their own accord. She doesn't wanna listen to him, but she can't change the way she has always been with him. Romeo stood up and crossed the little distance in between them.

His arms went around her and he pulled her back into his chest. He dropped a small kiss to the back of her head. "I am sorry. I shouldn't have shouted, I wasn't thinking. I panicked knowing you had to see all that when your father specifically kept you away from all that happens in our world. My job was to keep you safe, even from the horrors and I failed. I am so goddamn sorry for that."

She melted back into him. He was just covering up his own mistakes or what it seemed to be a mistake. She was the one that went there, he just shouldn't have yelled at her. Adhira rid herself of his hold and turned around to stare at him. "It's okay. I understand. But you need to learn how to calm the fuck down. Everytime you go all hulk just scares me more."