Tea

muggle au; draco and hermione don't know each other; draco works at a tea shop in a mall

"Hurry up, Ginerva! You don't need to apply more lip gloss! That's, like, your fifth layer!" Hermione yelled, grabbing her purse.

"Hermione," Ginny started to say as she walked out of the bathroom, throwing a tube of lip gloss into her purse. "Haven't I taught you anything? There's no such thing as too much lip gloss."

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Ginny. Come on, we have to go meet the boys."

"Harry and Ron?"

"What other boys do we know?"

"Touché. Promise me you'll get at least one thing at the mall that isn't a book?"

"I was planning on buying a dress."

"Simple or dramatic?" Ginny asked.

"I'm just looking for a spring dress."

"Get green. It looks great on you." Ginny said, getting into the passengers seat of Hermione's car.

"Noted." Hermione said, putting the key into the indignation to start the car.

<><>

The second Hermione and Ginny stepped foot in the mall, they ran towards the food court, where there friends said they would be.

"Harry!" Ginny yelled and threw her arms around him.

Harry was slightly taken aback. "Woah, calm down, Gins. It's only been a month."

"A month too long." Ginny replied.

"It's like I don't even exist." Ron pouted.

Hermione laughed. "Well, I'm going to go look around. I'll meet you guys back here?"

"What? But we just got here!" Ginny argued.

"I'm sorry. Shopping isn't really my thing. And if I'm being completely honest, I just want to get this over with."

"Okay, fine. But meet us back here. Or text me." Ginny said.

Hermione gave her a thumps up, and started walking.

<><>

Hermione had been successful at finding a spring dress.

She still wanted time to herself before she went back to her friends. She looked at her watch. She'd only been gone half an hour.

She figured her friends would be gone from the food court already, so she made her way down there.

Her friends were indeed gone. Hermione was parched and she wanted something sweet to drink. Dress shopping was a lot of work. She scanned the places until she found one. It was a small tea shop. Two boys seemed to be running the counter.

And one of them was quite attractive. Hermione walked over to the tea shop.

"Hello, welcome to our tea shop. After you've tasted our tea you will never want anyone else's tea again. How may I help you?" A boy asked. His skin was dark, and his eyes were so brown, they were almost black.

"I told you not to tell customers that!" The other boy yelled. He had platinum blond hair, and grey eyes. He was the boy Hermione found surprisingly attractive.

"That's how you scare them away, you idiot." The boy said, shoving his friend out of the way, who was laughing. "Sorry about that."

Hermione smiled. "No, that's okay. It was quite an interesting introduction. Honestly, it made me want to go here more often. And I hate malls."

"See! I told you someone would like it!" The dark boy turned to her. "Thank you. You are my savior and new best friend."

"Blaise, you can't just announce for people to be your new best friends. That's not how it works."

"That's how you and I became friends." The boy named Blaise argued.

"I'm more than happy to become your new best friend." Hermione cut in.

Blaise turned to the blond boy and smirked. "See, Draco. My tactic works well."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Anyways."

"Is he always like this?" Hermione asked.

"Yes. It's quite unfortunate to work with him." Draco said, shooting a glare at Blaise.

"Ouch." Blaise said with a snicker.

"So, what can I get you?" Draco asked.

"Uh, just a regular tea. And two teaspoons of milk, and a tablespoon of honey."

Draco laughed. "That's exactly what I order."

Blaise nudged Draco. "Yeah, what a coincidence."

Draco rolled his eyes. "Just go make the tea, arsehole."

"Fine," Blaise grumbled and walked to the back.

Hermione smiled and gave them her name, paying for her tea.

"So what brings you to the mall today?" Draco asked.

"I was looking for a spring dress. My mum's throwing a party, and I figured I'd dress for the occasion."

Draco nodded. "My mum throws parties all the time. At times I won't even know she threw one until I see all these people in my house."

Hermione laughed. "This party is more of a celebration. My mum had been battling cancer for years, but we got her scans back and she's been cleared."

"Oh! Congrats! Wait, but shouldn't other people be planning this party?"

Hermione smiled. "That's what I thought."

"Here is your tea," Blaise looked at the side. "Hermione."

She smiled and took the styrofoam cup. "Thank you. I think this has been the best interaction I've had all day."

"Come back anytime! No, seriously, please come back. You're the only person with a sense of humor in this place." Blaise said.

"When do you guys close?"

"At seven." Draco replied.

"I'll be back before then." Hermione decided.

"Cool! Maybe if you're even feeling up to it, we can go to Mcdonald's."

Hermione smiled. "That sounds amazing. See you!"

"Tea you later." Draco said with a grin, obviously pleased with his pun.

Hermione turned around long enough to watch Blaise smack Draco upside the head.

"You idiot! What type of pun was that?" Blaise raved.

Hermione smiled, and turned away.