Dates Are More Than a Fruit

Gregory and Mole both knew that sneaking through the school in their pajamas was nowhere near professional, but neither one cared too much. They were on their way to Headmistress Victoria's office, doing their best to not wake anyone up at this hour. 

"Why are we going to Headmistress Victoria's office? How the fuck will that help us?" Mole quietly asked. 

Gregory whispered back, "I remember Gary mentioning that she had assigned him and the other students some kind of project. Perhaps we can find some sort of information on it in her office." 

The two walked silently for a while, knowing that even the slightest noise could draw attention to them and get them both caught. At one point Mole had stepped on Gregory's foot and the blonde had to keep himself from yelling. At another point, Gregory had bumped into Mole and caused him to drop his shovel. The shovel hitting the ground made a loud noise, but somehow didn't wake anyone up. 

"Wait. We must stop here." Gregory whispered, quickly going over to a water fountain. He leaned over and began to wash off his face mask. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Mole asked irritatedly. 

"Washing this off! It'll irritate my skin if I leave it on for much longer. If we're going to break the rules I at least want to look presentable whilst doing it!" 

Mole glared at Gregory and yanked him away from the water fountain. "We have bigger issues right now." he warned. Gregory sighed, and the two continued on their journey. 

Once they had reached the entrance to the private office, Gregory held onto the doorknob and carefully attempted to open the door. The door didn't open, so Gregory took out a hairpin. "It must be locked. No worries, though. I'm quite experienced with picking locks." Mole wondered for a second why someone so perfect and preppy would be "experienced with picking locks," but he didn't say anything. 

After a few minutes of lock-picking, Gregory still couldn't open the door. "Are you sure you know what you're doing?" Mole asked impatiently. 

"I'm certain- something must be wrong with this door-" Gregory said. 

Mole sighed. "Let me try." He pushed the blonde away and immediately opened the door. 

Gregory stood, shocked. "How did you do that?" 

"It's a pull door. Not a push door. Dumbass." 

"Oh." 

Mole rolled his eyes. "What, are you too used to people opening doors for you or something?" 

Gregory didn't reply. They stared at each other for a moment before walking into the office. They didn't get very far, though, hearing a voice that caused them to both jump. Mole was basically in Gregory's arms, but the two agreed afterwards to never mention that. 

Rebecca Cotswolds stood before them, holding the metal box from before. "What are you guys doing?" 

The two both stuttered for a moment trying to find an excuse before Mole impulsively said, "We're going on a date." 

Gregory's jaw dropped in surprise for a second before he quickly shut his mouth and nodded.  "Yes. Indeed. A date." 

Rebecca didn't believe the two for a second. "That doesn't explain why you're trying to get into Headmistress Victoria's office." 

"We- uhm- opened the wrong door. Oopsies! We're quite tired- I'm sure you understand." Gregory explained  

"No, I don't understand." Rebecca said.