The Double Date of La Resistance Part Two

After putting on his nicest suit and making sure he looked perfect, Mark made his way to Mole's dorm. He had to make sure this date seemed as authentic as possible, so he brought a small bouquet of flowers to give to Mole. 

Flowers in hand, he walked through the hallways confidently. All of his confidence seemed to disappear, though, when he noticed Dogpoo going the same way as him, holding an even bigger  and prettier bouquet of flowers. 

"What are you doing?" Mark questioned. 

"Going on a date with Gregory. Are you going on a date too?" Dogpoo asked. 

Mark slowed down, shocked. Either this would completely ruin Mole's plan or make it even better. "Yes, actually. With Mole. Where are you and Gregory going?" 

"The new restaurant down the street." Dogpoo answered. 

"Interesting. That's where we're going as well." 

Mark didn't know it, but Dogpoo was thinking the same things as him. Gregory and Mole were absolutely fucked. 

Mark and Dogpoo's conversation ended once they had reached Mole and Gregory's doors. The two knocked at the same time, finally meeting their "dates." 

"Oh it's lovely to see you, Dogpoo, I-" Gregory started, immediately cut off by the surprise of seeing Mark at Mole's door. "What are you doing?" 

Mark smirked. "What, are you jealous?" 

"No- absolutely not." Gregory replied, regaining his composure. "I don't have a jealous bone in my body." 

"I don't think that's how bones work." Dogpoo added. 

It was then Mole's turn to open his door and freeze in shock. He stared at Dogpoo and simply whispered, "You fucker..." 

The four stood and stared in silence for a moment before Mark spoke up. "We should all get going- I don't want to be late for our reservation." Mole nodded, still glaring at Dogpoo and Gregory. 

"Wait-" Gregory started. "What if we all went on a double date?" 

Standing in silence once again, the other three thought about this suggestion and ultimately decided a double date would be interesting. They made their way to the restaurant, starting off the very awkward night. 

———————————- 

"Oh man, I think I see them walking in!" 

"Ooo, this is so fun! We're like spies! Watch Spy Kids on Amazon Prime Video now!"  

"I hope everything goes well-" 

"Would you all shut up? I can't hear what they're saying." 

Gary, Leslie, Rebecca, and Estella all sat at their table in the restaurant, watching the dramatic double date unfold. The entire time, they saw Mole and Gregory staring at each other, jealousy in their eyes. It was like watching a movie- the four were eating their complementary breadsticks like popcorn. 

They were interrupted for a second by Pocket and Pip walking up to them. "Goodness- are you four spying on Gregory, Mole, Mark, and Dogpoo as well?" Pocket asked. 

Rebecca laughed awkwardly. "No- of course not- " 

"Yes, we are!" Leslie said excitedly. "This is so fun!" Rebecca sighed at Leslie's inability to be subtle. 

"If you all don't shut up, the four of them will notice us and we won't be able to watch anymore. Be. Quiet." Estella warned. 

Rebecca nodded. "We wouldn't want to get caught."