Damp Daydreaming

"And again, I just wanted to say how sorry I am for the incident," Tango said, handing the soaked sheriff a dry cloth and a change of spare clothes. "I need to pay better attention to my surroundings."

"Don't you worry," Jimmy started, taking the pile of clothes from the man in front of him as he continued, "It's my fault just as much if not more than yours for not paying attention. It is the Sheriff's job to pay attention, after all. I always spent my mornings patrolling the park..."

Tango chuckled, his body relaxing as he realized the sheriff had no ill will with him. He hadn't been back to the city for long, and to have a bad reputation with an officer so quickly would have been a bad look for him. Tango watched momentarily as the sheriff used the dry cloth to rub his wet hair as dry as possible. He noticed how the man had rolled his sleeves to squeeze them out. He had pretty broad shoulders and spent time working on his physical fitness. Tango wondered if he exercised often. Maybe it was the way the water made Jimmy's shirt see-through but Tango couldn't help but notice the way his chest and abdomen moved as he shook his head in the cloth.

"...to get changed?"

Tango broke out of his trance as the silence after the sheriff grew loud. He shook his head as he regained his composure, "I'm sorry, what was the question?"

The sheriff smirked, his gaze flicking up and down the engineer before he repeated the question standing up a little taller, "Is there somewhere you'd like me to go to get changed... My Lord?"

Tango gulped, chest swelling as he replied "Oh! No here is fine. Let me go grab you another dry cloth while you change. I'll be right back if you'll excuse me." Tango didn't wait for a response as he stepped out of the drawing room, closing the doors behind him as he sighed deeply.

"Are you alright Milord? You're drenched and we didn't even see you come in." asked a nearby maid, rushing over to the flushed Duke.

"Yes, I'll be just fine. Could you bring my... um, guest and I a cup of tea?" He asked, nearly regaining his composure.

"Of course, but would you like to dry off first?" the maid asked, looking more than a bit concerned at the state of him.

"Don't trouble yourself," Tango said, smiling as he continued, "I'll handle the drying."

The maid sighed as she turned towards the kitchen, "Alright Milord if you say so. You know, you're going to put the few maids you have out of a job if you keep doing everything yourself."

"I wouldn't dream of it!" Tango shouted playfully as he went off to change.

The maid chuckled to herself as she scurried off to fetch them tea, "Maybe I'll bring in some biscuits too. It's been a while since the Duke's invited anyone home."