Chapter 2 - The Deal

Dipper woke up late at night, ready to try his plan. He quietly climbed onto the roof and slid down onto the forest floor. He walked deeper into the woods, to a spot that he liked to go to when he wanted to be alone. As he walked, he gasped horrified. Almost half of the forest had burned and dissolved into nothing but smoke and ash. He almost started to cry. Pulling himself together, he continued on and then stopped at where he wanted to be. Taking a deep breath, he drew Bill's summoning circle on the ground, tapped it (which caused it to glow), said his summoning words, lit some candles around it, and waited for something to happen. After a brief moment, he heard it. The horrible laughter that he feared everyday. This was it. He was really doing this. 

"WELL WELL WELL WELL WELL!!! IF IT ISN'T GOOD OL PINE TREE! ISN'T THIS A SURPRISE!" Dipper shivered and then rolled his eyes. "Listen up Bill. I'm not here for games. I need to make a deal with you and I'm ready for you to possess me again. Just please, help me save and restore the town." Bill made his cane appear and then swirled it around. "WELL LOOK AT PINE TREE! ALL READY TO BE THE HERO OF THE STORY! SORRY TO BREAK IT TO YA KID, BUT I DON'T REALLY WANNA POSSESS YOUR VESSEL THIS TIME AROUND! IF THE EARTH BURNS, THAT JUST MEANS A WHOLE PLANET OUT OF MY WAY FOR CONQUERING THE UNIVERSE! WHO SAID YOU WERE THE ONE DESTINED TO STOP ALL THIS?" Dipper looked at him confused. "Uh-I don't know...I kind of just assumed...with the dice and stuff..." Bill sighed sarcastically. "OH POOR POOR PINE TREE. HE DOESN'T GET TO BE HERO OF THE WORLD!" 

Dipper looked at Bill angrily. "Hey! Stop that! I never said I wanted that!" Bill smirked. "BUT YOU DO PINE TREE. I KNOW  YOU DO. YOU'RE TIRED OF BEING OVERLOOKED. YOU'RE TIRED OF NOT GETTING THE ACKNOWLEDGMENT YOU DESERVE. YOU JUST WANT SOMEONE TO REALIZE ALL THAT YOU DO FOR THEM! AND HEY, I COULD MAKE THAT POSSIBLE! YOU DID SUMMON ME AFTER ALL! FORGET ABOUT WHAT WAS *DESTINED* TO HAPPEN! THATS THE PAST NOW! RIGHT NOW, ITS YOU AND ME, AND YOU CAN STOP ALL OF THIS RIGHT NOW...IF YOU ARE WILLING TO MAKE A DEAL!" 

Dipper considered this for a moment. Then he shook his head. What was he thinking?! "Nope, no way Bill. Your deals always end horribly and you never keep your end." Bill floated closer to Dipper, annoyed. "I NEVER KEEP MY END HUH? LET'S SEE. SIXER WANTED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT GRAVITY FALLS. NOW HE KNOWS MORE THAN ANY MORTAL. YOU WANTED A HINT TO THE AUTHOR, AND NOW HE'S LIVING IN YOUR HOUSE! SAY WHAT YOU WANT KID, BUT I ALWAYS KEEP MY END!" 

Dipper processed this, then got annoyed. "You don't always! You didn't give me the code to the laptop!" Bill rolled his eye. "HMMMM, FROM WHAT I CAN RECALL OUR DEAL WAS THAT I WOULD GIVE YOU A HINT. NOT A CODE. A HINT. AND I DID. I BROKE THE LAPTOP WHICH LEAD YOU TO THE SOCIETY OF THE BLIND EYE. YOU DONE ACCUSING ME YET PINE TREE?" Dipper stopped. As much as he hated to admit it, Bill was right. 

"Ugh. Fine. I guess you have always kept your end. But still, it's not worth it for the price." Bill simply blinked. "COME ON PINETREE, YOU MADE A DEAL WITH ME ONCE AND YOU'RE STILL HERE NOW ARENT YOU? ITS NOT LIKE I TOOK YOUR SOUL OR SOMETHING! I JUST BORROWED YOUR VESSEL FOR A LITTLE WHILE HARMLESSLY, AND BESIDES, LIKE I SAID, IM NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN THAT TYPE OF DEAL RIGHT NOW." Dipper frowned. Harmlessly was a very wrong way to put it, but he could see that there was no point arguing since the dream demon clearly had a different definition of the word harm. He shifted his feet uncomfortably. 

"Then...what is it that you wanted instead?" Bill smirked. "WELL, I'M GLAD YOU ASKED! I JUST WANTED A TREE. THAT'S ALL. JUST A SIMPLE TREE. BUT IT HAS TO BE ONE OF THE ONES HERE IN GRAVITY FALLS." Dipper raised an eyebrow. "You really expect me to believe that? There's no way that all you want is just a tree." Bill leaned on his cane. "AND WHAT MAKES YOU SAY THAT?" Dipper rolled his eyes. "You only make deals if you get something out of it. If you actually want a tree, there's got to be some deeper reason behind it..." Bill smiled. 

"HAHAHA! SMART KID! BUT IN THIS CASE, I'M GIVING YOU BACK THE ENTIRE FOREST AND JUST KEEPING A SMALL PRIZE OF IT FOR MYSELF. CONSIDER IT LIKE, A TROPHY AS MY REWARD FOR BRINGING THE FOREST BACK. I WANT IT TO SHOW OFF THAT I DID IT. THAT'S ALL." Dipper considered this. "And who would you even show it to?" Bill smirked. "YOU DON'T KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT ME AS YOU THINK KID!"

 Dipper paused to process what Bill was saying. "So you'll save the whole town, get rid of the blob monsters, and restore everything to how it was, if I give you one tree?" Bill made his cane disappear. "YEP! I SWEAR ON MY BOW TIE!" He then adjusted his bow tie. "NOW LETS MAKE A DEAL BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!" Bill lit his hand with blue flames and extended it towards Dipper. After taking a deep breath, Dipper slowly reached out towards Bill's hand, but didn't shake it yet.

 "You promise that everything affected by the blobs, including things that have died, will be restored?"

 "YES." 

"And you promise you only need one?" 

"YES."

Dipper... slowly... shook Bill's hand. The deal was done. "I'LL ONLY TAKE ONE... PINETREE." It was then that Dipper realized what he had actually done. P-pine tree?!! Oh no! Wait wait! I take it back! I-" "IT'S TOO LATE PINETREE! YOU'RE MINE NOW!" Suddenly, blue chains appeared around Dipper's wrists, that also magically kept him from escaping. Dipper panicked. Why did he just make a deal with Bill!?! How could he have been so stupid! Bill cackled out loud. 

"IT'S REALLY FUNNY HOW DUMB YOU ARE PINE TREE!!! I MEAN, THAT WAS WAY TOO EASY!" He was taking great pleasure in Dipper's horrified reaction. But the fun was just beginning. Before anything else could happen, there was a giant glow across the entire forest. Instantly, all of the dead trees came back to life and the green blobs evaporated into thin air. Bill kept his end of the deal. Now Dipper had to keep his. "SOOOO....WHAT SHALL I DO FIRST? YOU LITERALLY BELONG TO ME NOW, SO YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING I SAY!" 

Now Dipper was really panicking. "What-what are you going to do!?!" Bill smirked. He considered all the possible realities, the many many different things that he could make poor Pine Tree live through. Then, he thought of a hysterical idea. His eye lit up with sinister joy as he settled on the cruel decision. "I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU LIVE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!" Dipper was still shaking. "AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS PINE TREE?" Dipper stood frozen, and slowly shook his head." Bill paused for a moment, and then dramatically turned around. He looked Dipper in the eye, smirking evilly. "IT MEANS..." He moved even closer to Dipper. "THAT NORMAL LITTLE HUMAN PINETREE ISN'T GOING TO BE SO HUMAN ANYMORE!" 

Dipper turned as pale and white as a ghost. His worst fear was going to come true and there was nothing he could do about it. "WHAT!!! B-B-BUT YOU CANT!!!" Bill cackled. "I CAN AND I WILL PINETREE! STARTING...NOW!!!" Suddenly, Dipper passed out onto the ground. There was a bright yellow flash, and everything went black.

And that is chapter two! I hope you like the story so far! I'm probably not going to be able to update it for a week or so considering I have a big event coming up right now. But I promise I will update this as often as I can; and the more people who read, the more I'll prioritize releasing chapters sooner. Thank you so much again for reading this! Oh, and here's the code for the chapter. :)

D erb zkr ilqdoob vwrsshg wkh vwrup.

Exw dovr jdyh xs zkdw zdv qrup. 

Kh vdyhg wkh iruhvw iurp wkh iodph. 

Qrz lw'v wlph wr sodb eloo flskhu'v jdph.