[5] garden gates

MARISOL's POV

i don't know where my dad got the bright idea for a house warming party, but it's happening.

a lot of the player from la selección are coming down for this. besides them, the first team is coming which means so are ansu, gavi, and balde. a few minutes ago they were freaking out on what they should wear and honestly, so was i.

i had to go down to ask my mom what the mood was. "casual but nice casual."

"mama, that isn't helpful whatsoever."

"como mas lo puedo explicar?! (how else am i supposed to explain it?!)" i sigh and go back to my room finally taking the towel out of my hair and dig in my closet. the good thing is, i have two hours to get ready. if i start now, i'll have everything done.

then i remember i have three little distractions.

"estoy encargada de arreglándoles como no me ponen mas trabajo! (i'm in charge of dressing you guys so don't give me more work!)"

thiago is the last of them while mateo and ciro ruin my bed by jumping on it.

i button the colar on his shirt when my mom walks in and snaps at them to get off. "gracias, mami. (thanks, mom)" i pat thiago's chest, signaling i'm done when i see my mom fixing their mess. "no, thank you. sorry i had to put this on you." not something i'm not used to.

"do you think this is okay?" i ask about my outfit. i settled for a black tube top and low rise khaki pantsuit. "te miras hermosa, me encanta. (you look beautiful, i love it)"

i never doubt her opinion so i won't now.

my mom takes the boys down and i already hear the music the second she opens the door. i look back at the time and realize more than half the guests already arrived because we said 7:00 pm and it was about 7:40 pm. i start to clean up everything one last time and close the door behind me, running down the stairs with some of my favorite kitten heels, making sure not to slip.

i already see enzo and julian with dybala on the island sipping on something from here.

"lo dirán a mi papa si les acompaño? (would you tell my dad if i joined you guys?)" i sneak up on them and scare julian. "not if you don't want us to." dybala says and already starts to fill me a cup. "i was joking, but maybe later."

they seem disappointed but i will be back eventually.

i just gotta say hi to everyone first.

"frenkie! great to see you again." but what i actually meant to say is: "mikky! i missed you loads!"

"i missed you more!" i'd get into a deep conversation with her if i could but i know i have to excuse myself for everyone else. "you still have my number?" i ask and she nods. "we gotta plan to catch up then."

"just give me and time and date!"

i wave her goodbye when i find dibu and so many others. it'd be rude if i didn't say anything but it's just so many people that i mentally prepare myself.