[16] clasico

MARISOL's POV

"holy shit." the atmosphere felt like no other. who knew being away from home this long makes you feel this way. mikky would know since she's laughing and recording my reaction of walking into the camp nou and trying to find our spot that's right behind the bench.

thiago kept his hand in mine the whole time.

i don't know if it was out of nerves or the excitement of it all but i for once, felt welcomed. a lot of people noticed me and asked for pictures and autographs.

i can't say no when i don't have a reason and try to get to as many people as i can before i finally find my seat.

"MARISOL! MARISOL! MARISOL!"

"i did not expect a chant the second we walked in." but i loved every second. "did they already warm up?" it was a pain getting through everyone in the parking lot that i think we missed it. "at least that means they'll be coming out soon."

"great timing." that's actually all i've been having these past few days.

"sing, ciro." he acts like he doesn't scream the chant at home. his voice is raspy but you can tell it came from his heart. i point out everyone coming out the tunnel to my little brother's and when i see my dad's back, he's wearing 10.

one more thing catches my eye.

"no way. is that jude bellingham?" mikky points out.

"BELLINGHAM?!" i know everyone in the stadium is loud enough but i cover mateo's mouth and he tries his best to shove it away. "suéltame! (let go of me!)" i would if he could learn some self control.

that's when i make direct eye contact with him.

theres a sly look on his face i can't necessarily read.

"this should be good." but enough of that. why give him the attention when i can look back at my team? this time, i'm making eye contact with my dad by ter stegen's side.

who knew the picture of the two could bring me back years.

i wave at him and go down the line to see gavi. pedri and ansu. unfortunately, are watching from the bench and with the hopes to go in eventually. balde on the other hand still isn't here.

when they said six to seven weeks, they meant it.

he said he'd meet me here but the game's starting so we'll see how this goes. everyone goes through the shaking of hands, and just like that, the ref blows the whistle and the stadium is anything but calm.

there's a clear side of the real fans where they're already chanting who knows what.

everything sounds muffled at this point.

in the first minutes, i can tell how this will play out because of xavi's new attacking tactics and it's ruthless. but he knows real's growth and thought they would have the leverage before my dad announced his return.

but everything's coming together and i'm seeing gavi run with the ball all the way to the other side of the field.

in my head i'm screaming for him to keep running tell he gets to the rear end crosses it into the box where my dad just so happens to be.