076: Let's Just Fix This

Eugene sat beside the bedside, wearing a scowl as he gazed at Timber's slumbering face.

He was aware that his actions were incorrect.

The misunderstanding had the potential to harm Timber.

Despite knowing this from the start, he now felt like the most despicable person. Regret consumed him as he pondered if there existed a way to ensure Timber's safety, away from the grand dukedom.

Closing his eyes, he let out a sigh.

Meanwhile, Marquis Shradinza found himself imprisoned in the dungeon alongside the duke, awaiting their court sentences. Being with Arkiton made him feel suffocated, especially after realizing he had been under a spell for years, unaware that he had a child.

To make matters worse, he had harmed his own son.

"Aison..."

Arkiton embraced his lover, feeling distressed and relieved.

Distressed because he saw Aison traumatized by the truth, and relieved because they could finally be together without any manipulation.

"My love, you're exhausted. Why don't you rest?"

Aison remained silent, refusing to even meet Arkiton's gaze.

His heart still ached, full of pain.

The memories of that day when he learned about Arkiton's marriage, the moment he understood how his wife had drugged him to conceive, and the time when Arkiton had violated him – all those memories came rushing back when the spell was lifted, and he felt like he wanted to die.

This was not the life he had desired.

Clearly, he had envisioned a brighter future for himself.

He had convinced himself that he would be a good father and not inherit his father's cruel traits. Yet, in the end, he found himself becoming like his father, and worse, he became an abusive one. What should he do? He felt like he was losing his mind.

With three sons and one daughter, and no parents to protect them, would they be safe once the news of his exile spread? He worried endlessly.

Arkiton pressed his lips together, observing Aison's dazed state.

After a few minutes, the grand duke returned, regarding them with a contemptuous sneer."Arkiton, your blood always manages to astound me."

Confused, Arkiton glanced at his friend, wondering why Katnier was angry.

"What's happened? Has the verdict been delivered?"

Katnier snorted and replied, "Of course, the verdict has been delivered. But I heard something about your esteemed son bringing a lover into the grand dukedom, thereby humiliating my son. The news is circulating now. Do you think I'll be pleased to return here?"

Arkiton's face turned pale.

"I-It must be a misunderstanding. Eugene must be acting out of anger... Yes, he's probably seeking revenge, claiming we failed as parents—"

Katnier interrupted him sharply.

"Regardless, your son still besmirched our reputation."

Arkiton shook his head, pleading, "Katnier, please, I know Eugene. He's not that kind of person; there must be a reason. I understand you love your son and can't bear to see him wronged, but my son is truly not like that."

Aison stared at the two men, his mind still reeling from the situation.

In an instant, tears welled up in his eyes, startling both Arkiton and Katnier.