080: Is My Love A Burden To You?

Eugene stood next to Kaizer.

After introducing himself to Lord Keerto, Kaizer proclaimed their official engagement, anticipating everyone's blessings.

"In regard to the rumor about my partner having a lover, it is a complete misunderstanding for both of us. This engagement serves to clarify the circulating rumors."

Eugene pursed his lips.

Following the two surprising announcements, the banquet resumed. However, the most talked-about topic was not Kaizer and Eugene's engagement but rather the return of the grand duke's male wife, who had run away after giving birth.

How did the grand duke find his missing wife, who had been gone for years?

Eugene also felt curious.

He had heard rumors about the grand duke's runaway wife, but he never expected it to be a man. This revelation made him realize that Kaizer and Khalil had been conceived using the same method as him and Casimin. It explained why Kaizer, like him, had lived through thousands of repeated cycles. Both he and Kaizer had absorbed all the negative energy, leaving only positive energy for their siblings in the same womb, saving them from [Khalil & Casimin] divine punishment.

He and Kaizer were alike.

Contemplating this fact made Eugene uneasy.

He tightly grasped Kaizer's hand, longing to ask for an immediate explanation. However, he restrained himself.

"I'll go take a breath outside."

Eugene released Kaizer's hand, turned around, and walked away without waiting for Kaizer's response.

He headed straight to the balcony to catch his breath.

Eugene held no hope for Kaizer's change, but at least Kaizer had managed to restrain himself from exerting excessive control over him. In truth, he bore no grudges against Kaizer, despite the countless times Kaizer had killed him. He was only annoyed because he didn't manage to live well to rest his soul from traveling a million lights away.

Kaizer had always been unreasonable.

That was an undeniable fact.

Kaizer's arrogance and confidence were qualities he didn't possess. He also desired to kill Kaizer and seek vengeance, but upon reflection, he realized that spending this lifetime plotting murder wasn't worth his time. While he hadn't forgotten Kaizer's deeds and schemes against him, dealing with a lunatic who lacked emotional awareness and understanding of relationships was simply exhausting.

Was this life his last?

He's been traveling in different worlds, he also wanted a rest.

If this life truly marked his final journey, why not attempt to settle down? After dying, he could seek retribution from the gods upon ascending and finally free himself from the shackles of thousands of years of memories and experiences.

Redemption was nothing more than a non-existent concept.

He doubted he could escape the abyss into which he had fallen.

But at least he would have Kaizer to accompany him in the darkness.

He was not alone.

"Daughter-in-law?"

Eugene choked and coughed, turning his head to face the person.

"Grand Duchess," Eugene greeted between his labored breaths, patting his chest, and asked, "What brings the grand duchess here? His excellency might panic if he doesn't see you around."