nine

AS JUNIPER WOKE UP THAT morning she was excited to meet with her ladies in waiting. although she knew lady danbury well, and saw her as a friend she wondered what the other ladies would be like.

as she dressed in a simple but elegant baby blue gown she saw george walking past her quarters. she was still pondering on whether to believe that he was only getting examined in the cellar and nothing more.

she knew they currently hated each other to say the least but she didn't think that he'd lie to her, especially about his health. she shook off her feelings as she made her way to the room she'd meet all the ladies.

as she entered she instantly greeted lady danbury while the rest bowed to her. she then sat as the ladies stood next to her. "could you please play a tune? any of your choosing." juniper asks the kid sitting in front of the piano.

she heard the disapproval from some of them wondering where she had found a child named mozart but she could care less. the one thing that caught her eye though was when they all declined lady danbury's invite to something she couldn't hear the name of, maybe it was tea.

as she walked down the hall she stormed into george's room. "it is not an even day." george says. "oh s'il vous plaît, je ne suis pas là pour ça." she says snappily at him. "again june, still do not understand." he says annoying juniper.

"why do you refuse to hold court? you will not go out... we can't bring in amusements-." juniper begins. "i have duties to attend." he says sassily. "your duties are not like any king i've seen." juniper says as he sighs.

"for example, how do you spend your days?" she asks, one hand on her hip. "farming." he says simply. "je ne suis pas clair de vos paroles." she says as he looks at her confused. "i am unclear of your words!" she says raising her voice and dumbing it down.

"i told you... i enjoy science. part of that science is agriculture.- i enjoy farming." he says shrugging. "so king george is also.. agriculteur george?" juniper asks as he nods, a small smirk on his face.

he then goes on about how his hands are those of a king and farmer as juniper rolls her eyes. "a farmer king." she says as he nods. "i shall leave you." she says walking out of the door.

a few days later as juniper sat in her astronomy room fiddling around with the large telescope, she heard brimsley walk in. "lady agatha danbury, your majesty." he says as juniper looks up confused.

"we aren't meeting until after luncheon." she says as agatha speaks up. "i just wished to speak to you, your majesty. about the ball i am hosting." agatha says. "oh you are hosting a ball? how lovely." juniper says as she walks over to the window, looking for george.

agatha then went on about how she knew juniper would not attend due to george not liking outings but juniper was to busy looking for her husband outside. "your majesty, i was wondering if you could.. convince the other ladies to attend?" agatha asks as juniper stops looking out the window for a second.

"did you not invite them?" she asks confusedly. "i did." she says. "then what's the issue?" juniper asks as she goes back to peering out of the window. "your majesty they will not come if-." agatha begins as juniper spots george.

"there he is."  she says spitefully. "is he actually.... je crois qu'il fait du jardinage." juniper says to herself. "george. he's actually gardening with his own two hands. je pensais qu'il plaisantait, mais non!" she exclaims, pressing her face to the glass, watching as the sweat beads fall down george's torso, making him glisten.

"your majesty!" agatha exclaims as she gently but firmly grabs junipers shoulders. "qu'est-ce que tu fais?" juniper asks confused. agatha then explains how george's mom asked her to cancel the ball but juniper was completely oblivious to how it even applied to her.

"you don't get it juniper. you are the first of your kind." agatha says as juniper sighs. "i tell you to become with child. i tell you to endure. for a reason. you're so preoccupied with whether a man likes you. you're not some simpering girl. you are our queen juniper. your focus should be your country. your people. our side." lady danbury says as a reality check hits juniper smack in the face.

"why do you not understand that you hold our fates in your hands? your palace walls are too high, your majesty." agatha says as she curtsy's before leaving juniper deep in thought on how to fix this.

n,

this chapter is for rositastwd 😖😖