Chapter XXXVI : Mine

(Them 🔝 for today. Enjoy!)

The sky downpoured into the vast abyss. Tiny drops of crystalline isolated thunderstorms that patterned on the glass window panes blurring the outside view. A soft gusty wind brushed through the trees drying away the perspiring brows of the day. And the final droplets of rain escalating down the dry ground, drenching them wet leaving an earthly petrichor behind.

The still silence of the cold room, felt so peaceful ever.
Dimly lit lights, drappered curtains, bad weather, worsened calamity and lastly, the two of them.

Jungkook and Meher.

Everything felt so strangely similar.

Except for the fact that this time,

They weren't strangers.

Holding itself clinging onto those old chapters of life.

Positioning her body below the shower.

He held her.

Her eyes squinted itself shut, feeling the cold water coming in contact with the bare skin causing shivering chills down the spine. Her lips bit on to the lower lip to combat causing a sudden shudder down the limbs.

The black dress that moistened itself down appearing few shades even darker than it actually was; moulding the body. It almost felt as if he wanted to wash all the sufferings away in order to make sure that she didn't feel herself to be disgusting.

But the underlying pain, that had already built up eating Meher up within, he did not know how to wash that away. When Jungkook felt the onset of her suppressed sobs glistening down those glowy cheeks.

It was so soft but held so much emotions.

His heart broke the moment, he saw Meher hiding her tears away from him. But today, it just failed to bear it within any longer.

Outbursting in front of him.

She was breaking.

"Meher."

His voice warm and soft.

"i'm sorry."

"i'm disgusting I-"

Her voice broke.

Trying to hide herself away.

"No you're not."

He whispered; wiping them off.

Disgusting would never be something to describe someone so pure an angel and gentle like her.

Her eyes wouldn't meet his brown ones, a sense of inability to even look up to face him. It almost felt like Meher didn't want him to see her like this at her lowest point. She just wanted to hide her face away from everyone at this point unable to meet their eyes.

Jungkook couldn't help but inch closer, holding her hands, her eyes looked up and finally he was able to see her face. She tried to avoid that contact, when his hands slid down holding the chin up, then make her look at him.

She indeed looked so stunning and innocent upclose but those charming features were overshadowed with that hint of red as tears uncontrollably spilled down those warm cheeks.

He couldn't see her break like that.

He just couldn't take it.

The way this person before him took his heart away occupying his weakness and the way he felt as if anything happens to her will shatter him apart too, was quite concerning. He just couldn't believe the fact that he could've ever get this attached to someone.