8. The Third Floor Corridor *

"You can't be too careful anymore" ~ Careful, Paramore

"I'm telling you, it's spooky. She knows more about you two than you do." Ron says as the four of us make our up to Gryffindor Tower.

"Who doesn't?" I laugh along with my twin brother.

Suddenly, the staircase we're walking on jolts and moves sideways, making us all cry out and clutch the rails.

"What's happening?" Harry asks.

"The staircases change, remember?" Hermione replies.

When the staircase finally stops moving we all hurry up to the closest door.

"Does anybody feel like we shouldn't be here?" I ask as we enter a dark, gloomy corridor, filled with cobwebs and dust.

"We're not supposed to be here," Hermione tells me, "this is the third floor. It's forbidden."

Oops...

"We should probably go..." I say slowly as I turn back to the door.

We all gasp as we see a small black cat by the name of Mrs Norris; Filch's cat.

"It's Filch's cat!" Hermione hisses.

"Run!"

We all sprint in the opposite direction of Mrs Norris, not looking back for a second.

"Quick! Let's hide through that door!" I exclaim.

We reach the door only to find it locked.

"That's it...We're done for!" Ron cries.

"Flich will skin us alive if he finds us in here," I say.

"Move over!" Hermione says irritably as she pulls her wand from her robes.

"Alohomora." She says pointing her wand towards the rock. The lock magically opens and the Hermione smiles contently.

We all hurry through the door and stand in the doorway on the other side.

"Alohomora?" Ron questions.

"Standard Book of Spells, chapter seven."

"Flich is gone," Hermione says after a short while.

"He probably thinks this door's locked." Ron sighs.

"It was locked." Hermione shot back, as my eyes fall upon something terrifying.

I gulp and freeze.

"And for good reason," I whisper as the others see the problem.

Before us is a huge black dog asleep on the ground. With three heads....three heads!

Slowly, all six of the dog's eyes open and he raises up to his full height.

We all scream as the dog begins growling at us.

Almost falling over each other we all exit the room and -with great difficulty - we slam the door behind us.

Without another word we all run from the corridor and into the common room.

"What do they think they're doing? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school?" Ron practically shouts.

"You don't use your eyes, so you?" Hermione says breathlessly. "Didn't you see what it was standing on?"

"I wasn't looking at its feet? I was a bit preoccupied with its heads! Or maybe you didn't notice. There were three!"

"It was standing on a trap door. It wasn't there by accident." Hermione explains to us as we climb the spiral staircase to the dormitories.

"I must be guarding something," I say, picking up on Hermione's idea.

"Guarding something?" Harry asks.

"That's right. Now, if you three don't mind, I'm going to bed before any of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed." Hermione says curtly. "Or worse, expelled."

With that, she turns and enters our dormitory.

"She needs to sort out her priorities."

______________________________________________

Wow, I'm actually so motivated to write this story right now.

Song on the side is Careful by Paramore.

You guys have probably guessed by now that I really love Paramore (:

Sorry for such a short chapter by the way

*this chapter has been edited*

See you guys soon.