12. Stuck in This Rut *

"And now I'm stuck in this f*cking rut, waiting on a second hand pick me up" ~ Weightless, All Time Low

"Nonsense," Hagrid grumbles as we walk through the grounds together. "Why would Snape put a curse on Haylee and Harry's brooms?"

Turns out that Snape had jinxed our brooms during the game, and Hermione stopped him.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get last that three headed dog on Halloween?" I retort.

"Who told you about Fluffy?"

"That thing has a name?" Hermione asks, looking shocked.

"Of course, he has a name. He's mine." Hagrid explains. "I bought him off an Irishman I met down at the pub last year. I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the--" he stops dead in his tracks.

"Yeah?" Harry pushes him.

"What is Fluffy guarding?"

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! That's top secret, that is." Hagrid tells us.

"But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it," Harry says.

"Codswallop." Hagrid mutters. "Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or now, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking," Hermione tells Hagrid, sounding very frustrated.

"Exactly," I speak up.

"Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

Nicholas Flamel?

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry and I question in sync.

"I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid says seriously before walking away.

Nicholas Flamel.

"Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Ron asks.

"I don't know," Hermione says quietly.

*~*

Harry, Ron and I sit in the Great Hall together; Harry and Ron are playing Wizards Chess, and I am eagerly watching on.

The past months have flown by, and it is now nearing Christmas.

Most students return to their families for this holiday, but Harry and I are, of course, staying.

We're the last thing the Dursleys would want to see under their tree.

Ron and his brothers are also staying at Hogwarts, along with a few other stray students.

Hermione, on the other hand, is returning to her family, today in fact.

"Knight to e5," Harry says, making his Knight move across the chess board.

"Queen to e5," Ron grins, as Mione joins us at the table.

Ron's queen moves over to e5 and whacks Harry's knight over, using a small chair.

"That's totally barbaric," Hermione exclaims.

"That's wizard's chess," Ron explains bluntly. "I see you've packed." He then adds.

"I see you haven't." Hermione shoots back.

"Change of plans," Ron tells her. "My parents went to Romania to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there."

"Good." Hermione smiles, "you can help Haylee and Harry then. "They're going to go and look in the library to look up Nicholas Flamel."

"We've looked a hundred times!" Ron says exasperatedly.

"Not in the restricted section," Hermione says as she leans closer to us. "Happy Christmas."

"Bye." I hug her before she turns and leaves the Castle.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." Ron mutters, making me chuckle in agreement.

But who is Nicholas Flamel? I don't understand why it's so hard to difficult to find I information on him.

_______________________________________________

700+ reads thank you so much!

Super short filler chapter, sorry.

***Song on the side has swearing, you have been warned***

If there are any All Time Low fans reading, can we please just talk about how adorable Alex and Zack are in that video? Like honestly.

*this chapter has been edited*