Seven

Buckingham Palace

Royal Quarters

The room resounded with wicked laughter, engulfing the man and woman engaged in their malicious conversation. They relished in the satisfaction of undermining the younger Prince of Wales, reveling in the cruel delight it brought them.

"Who would have thought that manipulating others could be so exhilarating?" sneered the man, as the woman obediently poured him a drink in an exquisite crystal glass. "Indeed, Your Highness," she replied, her own glass in hand.

"It was a truly comical spectacle. But how did you manage to deceive that naive girl into carrying out our bidding?"

The man's gaze fixated on the flickering flames before him. "It required cunning, a dash of manipulation, and the rest was a daring gamble. However, she is not the pawn I had hoped to find. Today revealed that even if it means humiliating Charles, she will go to great lengths to protect him," he said, tightening his grip on the glass, causing the woman to gasp in apprehension.

"She poses a problem, but we must exploit her weaknesses and turn them to our advantage," the woman whispered, running her hand tenderly along the man's back.

"And as for the exchange of the preference lists," he mused, taking a sip from his chalice, a sinister chuckle escaping his lips.

"Reginald, the loyal advisor, thinks he can safeguard Charles, but he is but one man, while we command an army at the flick of my wrist. However, this girl possesses a sharp intellect. If she refuses our offer, we may have to bid her farewell..." He paused, a cruel smile spreading across his face as he uttered the dreaded word.

"Permanently."

Word Count: 272 Words