Twenty- Five

Kavya

The whole flight to Geneva Kavya had been in anticipation. This was an opportunity for her to shine. She was about to host her first television feature. At the curtsy to Rishika and Arjun, she was about to get an opportunity that she was waiting for. But more than that, she was curious to see Charles and what he had in store for her this time.

She has been fidgeting and checking her phone for texts which keep coming in waves whenever the network gets better. And sometimes it disturbed many people's sleep including Arjun. Because he kept glaring at her. And her phone every time it lit up.

As the plane touch down her nervousness increased. For some reason, airports made her panic. Maybe because she had a very strong chance of being recognized and ambushed by the reporters. "Kavya, are you alright? You have anti-anxiety pills right?" She nodded and took one popping it in her mouth. Arjun pulled her closer and rubbed her back gently as they made their way through the crowds.

Kavya on instinct distanced herself from Arjun a little knowing that Charles could be around. And he never liked when someone gets closer to her more than he could ever be. "What are waiting for? Our car is outside to take us to our hotel." Kavya nodded still looking around to see if he was there. But then when she couldn't find him, she started making her way towards the exit half-heartedly. What was she thinking even? He is the prince of Wales, and he must have lots of work here, rather than only following a silly girl like her everywhere.

From somewhere a swarm of people came rushing towards them and momentarily Kavya lost sight of Arjun. And then someone held her arm and pulled her away. She tried to scream when she found herself in an unknown area and it was deserted. Then the man who was wearing a cap and dressed in all black from head to toe.

The man was blocking her way to exit. He opened his cap and she saw Reginald. She relaxed and then felt someone's lips over her neck. She recognized that touch anywhere in this world. "Your Highness, you did manage to kidnap me." Charles made his presence known as he came in front and pulled her in his embrace. "I told you, haven't I? I will whisk you away my love?"

"But Arjun..." "He would be searching all over the place for you, and that adds an element of fun to this." He told her like the mischievous villain he was. "Must you always torment him?" She asked. "Must he always try to take my place in your life?" Charles countered. "He is not..." "No? but then how he embraced you, he pulled you closer like that even if he was comforting you for a moment of need, he should have let go when it had passed." Kavya shook her head from side to side.

"You are possessive, your highness." Charles smiled.

"That you got right, my princess. I am now, shall I lead you out and take you to my place? I have been preparing..." "That is right, he had been calling and bothering all the hotel staff with orders of what it was? Roses, vanilla-scented candles, strawberries I believe?" Reginald chimed in and she can see the frustration in Charles's features. "Reggie way to ruin the surprise for my beloved. Don't you have any leash upon your mouth?"

Reginald laughed "Not when I see my best friend running around like a headless chicken worrying over little details holding the preference list in his hand." Kavya was amazed. "You still, have it?" He nodded. "I have everything you have ever given me including this" He pulled the chain and locket from underneath his shirt. "This I keep close to my heart."

"Come on, let's go. The more time we spend here, the more we risk our exposure." Kavya looked at him wearily. "And yes, I know you will not be leaving without your boss, so Reginald may you fetch Mr. Singhania and make sure you get the message to him that she is with me." Kavya touched Charles's chest and he held her hand. "It is alright, Charles." He nodded still looking at Reginald. This is what his reality is, he commanded respect, and he knows what he was doing. He knows what he wants. This is the true Prince of Wales.