Twenty- six

Charles

Charles watched Kavya as she took interviews of the various people present in the room. He was waiting for his turn. He needed to introduce her to everyone. To all those people she had been talking to. And few younger men who think they can win her over. Charles had to admit, that he never felt jealous before her. But she is something he can be jealous about. As she is something he can be proud of as well.

"Look away now Prince Charming, you are drooling," Reginald said to Charles. "I am drooling over my fiancée. You do not get to judge when you too do it." Reginald raised his brow. "How do you know? You have never seen my girlfriend." Charles looked at him and said "Then why don't you call her and we all can go on a vacation or something, a skiing trip over the Alps? And let our girls bond?" "So, I am your girl now?" Charles looked at Kavya who was standing next to him.

"Yes, do you doubt it, my love, tell me you are done with work, we have a date planned. I am dying to take you out and have some delicacies that this place has to offer." She sighed. "Just a little more, my prince. You should wait a little bit for this treat. Now, can I have the exclusive interview with the Prince of Wales?" She asked taking out her pad and pen. "Sure, darling but first why don't you pose for a picture with me?" he showed her the camera and then took her hand in his kissing it as the cameras clicked.

Later that night, Charles led her inside the observatory and then showed her the constellation. "Thank you, for being next to me. I have been keeping it all inside. Spending this day alone, locked inside my room in Kensington Palace. I was always surrounded by his memories. I was always trying to forget that horrible thing that has happened to us. Me, my dad, and my mom."

Kavya said nothing yet, that was something he was thankful for. "My mom, she was the real beauty, she had charmed her way into my father's heart. He had never opened himself up, to anyone else till her." Charles said holding her hand. "You can lie down in my lap, prince charming." Charles smiled and did so without question. He felt her hand running through his hair.

"My mom was someone who had been his anchor, for a long time. I remember her fleetingly. I was so young then when a disease took her away from us. Me and my dad were the only ones left. He had his heart closed off again. He had enlisted then, as a fighter pilot for the royal navy. I get to go to a school near that place. I never was a very well-disciplined kid and my dad told me it was because I have her spirit, my mom was living through me." He said still holding Kavya's other hand in his.

This was it; he was going to entrust her with a secret that had been kept secret from the world. He was forced to keep it from everyone. And those speculations that had always surrounded his birth, that had been kept under wraps by the royal family.

"Kavya, I am not royal by birth. It so happened that Princess Mary came to a parade where my father was leading the maneuvers they showed through the aircraft. Then it so happened that, she had been impressed. I take it in after my father so, no one knew who my birth mother is. Everyone thinks, that I was born out of wedlock, and I am a half-breed. Half royal, but I do not have an ounce of that in me. I am only royal because Princess Mary married my father. When I was ten, and then he passed away during a routine investigation. But no one was sure what had happened. It happened so fast, the plane exploded in mid-air with my father in it." He said with his voice breaking.

"Funny thing is" he laughed. "I was supposed to be there with my father, he promised me that he would take me on that trip like always, and he did so when he has gotten a chance during his training exercise. But this time he told me, that he would be back before I woke up. I did not sleep that night. And in the morning he was back, but only in a casket. The only thing that had not been ruined by that fire was his handsome face."