Thirty- Eight

Charles

Charles was with Reginald when two things happened. First, he heard a scream coming from Kavya and his bedroom, and second, they saw his brother William going out at the odd hour of the night. "Reginald, follow William. I am going to see Kavya." Without saying another word Charles raced towards her door.

Then he threw open a door and saw a man in the dark hovering over Kavya who was trying her best to protect herself. He approached them slowly. Not letting anyone be aware of his position. Then with a swift motion, he overpowered the attacker who tried to stab him. But he with a flick of his wrist disarmed him.

The lights turned on and the security came inside. They ceased the weapon and took the man in custody. Princess Mary came in too. "Charles, are you alright?" Charles nodded looking at Kavya who was spooked. "Take care of your fiancée. We will deal with him later." Charles did not need to be told twice. He closed the door behind him as everyone left. And then hugged her.

"It is alright, my love. I am here next to you." He rocked her back and forth. She was shaking badly. "I am here, tell me what you wish to say" he softly asked her. "The man, he was there" "Where?" Charles asked. "The day when I was attacked, he was one of them. He wanted to kill me. He wanted to kill me; he said something about me resurfacing after so many years. About my..." She started to shake badly and Charles shouted for doctors.

Kavya lay peacefully in bed. Rishika by her side. "She told me that man had tried to kill her before. He was there, on the day she was..." Rishika nodded. "I need to get information out of him, I need to know if they are waiting to ambush her at the wedding," Charles said. "I am posting guards outside just in case." He was not taking any chances. For no one can come inside the royal palace without permission. Not like this and entering the quarters of a Prince? That is nearly impossible without triggering the security alarm unless...

"Go, your highness. I will be with her." He looked at the other person in the room. "Mr. Singhania, I will be needing your assistance." Arjun looked surprised. "Me, of all people, your Highness?" Arjun mocked. "Sadly, I have no one to help me with the task at hand. So, can you assist me or not?"

Arjun followed Charles. "What is this about your highness?" Arjun asked. "Something, I want to know what William had offered you when he met you in Geneva. Assuming you have not talked about your little encounter with William to Kavya and Rishika?" He asked. "How did you..." "I know everything that goes around, my beloved. So, I suggest that you stop blabbering and start telling me what exactly my brother told you." Charles asked politely.

"She is right, you Brits are too polite." Charles smiled. "She has to be right; she is after all my queen." He told Arjun. "Yes, William came to meet me and he offered me something I always wanted." "And what will be that?" Charles asked knowing he will not like that answer. "Kavya" Charles pushed him against the nearest wall. "I am going to kill you, very slowly if you ever think about taking her away from me. I am going to carve you up like a fucking Thanksgiving turkey."

Arjun pushed him away. "I am not trying to take anything away from you. I refused him. I can never betray Kavya." He said to Charles. "Interesting that you are saying this. Considering how made you were when you came to know that I was sleeping with her." Charles's voice was dripping with venom. He was not happy with Arjun.

"You might not believe me, but I never want to harm her. If I wanted that you might not be able to get to her. You do not know what my possessiveness looks like. You do not need to see that. You are lucky that I am not possessive enough towards Kavya." Arjun replied.

"Very well," said Charles in a still cold tone. "Then, you will not mind accompanying me to a certain place, will you?" He asked and Arjun nodded.

Charles led him towards the back entrance and his car. "Reggie, do you have them? I will be reaching in a few moments." Charles asked expecting only one answer out of his best friend.