Twenty-Nine

Somewhere at an abandoned Industrial warehouse

London

A car stopped in front of the gates and a man got down walking towards the building. Inside another man sat in the shadows.

"Welcome, my friend. I trust you had found my hospitability likable?" The man with hawk-like eyes scoffed. "Yes, as much as I could have while you summoned me here yanking me from my comfortable bed and shipping me off to this god-forsaken place."

The man mocked him "I thought you loved London, do you not then? I consider your enchantment with this place had ended then?"

"What have you called me here for, your highness?" The man asked in a similar mocking tone.

"A debt, I had carried and now I shall pay. I have a special surprise for you waiting here. See, I have this." The man pointed to a manilla folder in front of him. "If everything goes wrong, you shall use it. And you will find out that many of the riddles that you face in this life would be solving themselves."

"Then tell me, your Highness, why bestow me with such sensitive information, when you can use this for yourselves?" The man asked. "Because I know my investments to be done at the right time and at the right places. This is a mere insurance policy." The man nodded.

"So, your Highness, when shall I begin" The man stood up and said, "You will know exactly when I bet you follow the news?" The other man chuckled.

"Now, I love to stay here and play host but I have places to be, things to do, people to torment. The most delightful of the work that I do is where people are involved. Now my subjects and my audience both wait for my theatrical performance and I do not disappoint." With a flip of his long coat, he took long strides towards the exit and stopped and looked at the man.

"One thing, I do not like people who play me. If you try to do so, then, there are dire consequences waiting for you." He said in a chilling tone and then he left. 

Word Count: 359 Words