Eleven

Charles

Charles walked to his room and he angrily opened his jacket and threw off his shirt away. He was really angry. How could she ever make him look like a fool and that too because of that editor-in-chief of hers? "Fuck all of this" He cursed throwing down everything over his table and breaking it.

Then someone knocked at his door. "Your Highness, can I come in?" Charles shouted "What do you want now? go away, leave me alone." He told her. Then he heard her footsteps retreat. He realized that Kavya was not safe outside these doors so he ran outside to stop her without thinking about his condition.

"Wait Kavya" He called but she kept walking away. So, he had to run and stop her. Before she can understand anything, he kissed her. It was not a short one either. Then he pulled back and hugged her. "I know we are fighting right now, but you are not very safe outside those doors. So, you need to come with me like right now." he pleaded. She followed him not saying a word.

As soon as the doors were locked, she pushed him away. "Why did you kiss me? Have you gone mad or something? I thought you and I can never have any relationship then..." "You kissed me first; I was only returning yours." He said looking at her. She was angry that much he knows.

"I did not need that in return" He held her arm and jerked her towards him so now their bodies were pressed together. He pulled her closer and kissed her again. This time he had managed to push her against the wall holding her in place. He did not let go till they were out of breath and he still hungered for more.

She touched her lips. "Don't do that," Charles said in a hoarse voice. "Only I get to do that, my enigmatic princess of words. Only I get to make you hot and bothered because I am the one you are supposed to be dating. I am the only one you are supposed to share your secrets with, I am the only one you suppose to sleep next to or with. No one else." She looked shocked at his words.

"I... I..." She shuttered. Charles pulled her into his arms again caging her into it. "We should not be doing this, it is wrong, your highness, we doing this..." "Sleeping next to each other? How my love, sleeping can be wrong? Being your suitor, I have every right to do this and more with you." Charles said taking off her suit jacket. "I think black looks better on you, than pink or any softer tone, this makes you look a little too diplomatic. Soft, and vulnerable. It makes me wish to be your hero, someone who can always come and protect you. But as a prince harboring those thoughts are dangerous. So, I am going to do this instead. I am going to undress you and take you to my bed so we can get some sleep."

She looked away. "I am not sure that is a good idea, your highness." But he did it anyway. Now he was holding her bare body next to his pressed to his skin-to-skin. He liked the warmth radiating from her. "Sleep, Kavya, Tomorrow you have to look the most glamorous princess world had ever seen." She felt his finger brushing over her arm touching it.

Then his lips placed over her forehead. Her eyes closed in her own accord. "Good night, my princess of enigmatic words." But that night Charles found no solace even with Kavya next to him. For he kept thinking of one more night and all of it will end. She will be a stranger once again. But in her, he found someone who may be a spontaneous loudmouth person with a looking-before-leaping compulsion but then again, that is how this whole started because of that. Still, the more he knows about her, the more it enchanted him. He kept looking at her the whole night. Her face was illuminated by moonlight. And felt her hands holding him. She had already ruined this pleasure for him. How could he be ever sleeping again without her body next to his?

"You are the most formidable adversary I have ever faced, for you had not gone for my body, harm me in any other ways possible, you have taken into account the most fragile part of me, my heart. And now, it is in pain thinking how can it ever stay far from you." He whispered looking at her still.