Humble Beginnings

Y/N PoV:

                 I walked through the woods, holding my bag close to my body as strange noises called out from the darkness around me. My ears pressed back every time a new noise joined in, and I quickened my pace to avoid finding out what was making the strange noises. In the distance, I saw a large home, not nearly as large or as grand as Lady Dimitrescu's abode, but still grand. I pushed by the gate, walking up to the door and knocking. It was thrown open seconds later, and I was yanked inside, letting out a yelp as I was thrown to the floor and a gun was pressed to my head.

                "Who are you, and why are you here?" A voice boomed, and I yelped again as the barrel was shoved against my head.

                "I-I'm here for the new position as a maid!" I quickly explained, and the barrel was instantly lifted away from my head, a gloved hand appearing in my vision.

               "Oh, sorry about that lass! I figured you for some kind of spy, or somethin'. Heh, I can see what they meant by you'd be easily definable!" They laughed, and I accepted their hand, letting them pull me up. They wore a long gray coat, with a wide brimmed black hat, a mask wrapped around the bottom of their face, a pair of sunglasses placed over their eyes, and black trousers with black boots. They had a shaved head, and the gun they used on me was slung over their back.

                "I going to guess you're referring to my ears and tail." I mumbled, ears pressed back, swishing aforementioned tail, and they laughed again.

                "It's a bit obvious, ain't it lass? Name's Rowan, what's yours?" They stuck out their hand again, and I shook it a bit nervously.

                "Y/N, nice to meet you, Mx. If I may ask, where are the ladies?" I asked, and they gestured for me to follow them. Before we reached a grand door, they grabbed my shoulder and looked me in the eyes, or at least I assumed they did.

                "Before you go in there, I'm just going to warn you, don't accept any 'deals' they try to make you. Those always end badly for people like you. Being polite and respectful shouldn't be any issue for you, and yeah, that's about it. Go get 'em, tiger!" They knocked on the door, and a voice answered.

                 "Who is it?" The voice asked, and Rowan cleared their throat.

                 "It's Rowan, mum. Your new hire is here." They explained, and the voice answered again.

                "Send her in." Rowan gestured to the door, and I opened it, stepping inside the office. The door clicked shut behind me, before I heard the distinct noise of a padlock being placed there. I gulped, looking up at the priestess, before my eyes widened. Two other woman sat next to her in comfortable looking chairs, inspecting me. One wore a black dress and cloak, a choker around her neck with a red ruby in it. She had long blond hair, pale skin, and two beautiful golden eyes, a seductive smirk on her lips, which were covered in black lipstick.