The First Day

Y/N PoV:

                 I opened my eyes, sitting up and yawning, purring lightly at the warmth of the bed. As much as I wanted to stay in bed, I had to get ready for work, so I groaned, standing up. I slowly moved to the bathroom, stripping down and taking a quick shower, before stepping out in a towel. After I had dried off, I went back to my room, and found a bundle of clothes on my bed.

                 "You have fun lass! The ladies aren't all that bad once they get to know you, aye? Just don't fall onto your arse while you're at work! -Rowan                                                                                  P.S: Go talk to Blossom before you start. She's an absolute sweetheart, I promise ya." 

                 A note on top of the clothes, which I had to assume were a uniform, read. I smiled in amusement at the loopy handwriting that Rowan used, before changing into the uniform. It consisted of brown dress slacks, black dress shoes, and a black button up with a brown vest. I noted how light the material was, sighing a breath of relief when I realized I probably wouldn't overheat instantly wearing it. I opened the door, before making my way to the kitchen, remembering seeing it along the way to my room. I stepped inside the doorframe, and instantly screamed as a woman with dark green skin popped out of thin air.

                  "OH! Sorry, I was just excited to meet somebody new!" I accepted the hand she offered me, and saw that she was wearing a traditional maid outfit, just with the addition of some pants. She had long, pale green hair, with two piercing emerald green eyes, and two long, pointy ears.

                   "I'm sorry for asking, but umm...Are you an elf? I'm Y/N, by the way." I asked, and she laughed, gesturing for me to follow her as she moved towards the stove.

                    "No, I wish. I'm Blossom. I'm one of Mother Miranda's experiments, but gone 'right' apparently. I think she's just happy I chose to stay and work here." I nodded slowly, and she began to move French toast from the stove to a platter. 

                    "Would you be a dear and go fetch Rowan? They're probably outside, doing Mother Miranda knows what." I nodded again, quickly jogging towards the front door, narrowly avoiding a sickle that popped out of a doorway. Lady Bela peeked her head out through the open door, giggling.

                     "Sorry cutie, I just enjoyed scaring people. Makes their blood smell...Intoxicating." She purred, and I gulped, watching her trail the scythe across my chest. She lifted it, placing it onto her belt, a dangerous gleam in her eyes as she moved closer to me, before a voice halted her.

                      "Bela! Stop scaring the new hire!" Lady Mia came around the corner, a disapproving frown on her face. Lady Bela rolled her eyes, throwing her arms dramatically around Lady Mia's neck.

                      "But Mi Mi, I'm boreddddddd! I want to hunt!" Lady Bela whined, and Lady Mia sighed, rolling her eyes.