A Lovely Day

Y/N PoV:

                         I was up bright and early the next day, helping Blossom make breakfast for everyone, Rowan slumped over on the kitchen table. As we cooked, I heard strange noises, and Rowan shot up, blades in hand.

                          "Stay here." They murmured, before slinking off in the direction of the noises. Two minutes later, somebody burst through the kitchen door, yelling. They had a pumpkin on their head, and they were wearing a hospital gown. Rowan leaped forward and latched onto them, dragging them down, before getting socked in the jaw. They leaped up, jack-o-lantern eyes wild, and I held up my hands.

                             "Hey, hey, it's okay. My name's Y/N, you are...?" I asked, and they looked at me, their eyes frantic.

                               "Chloe. My name's Chloe." She gasped out, and I gently took their hands.

                               "Okay Chloe, it's lovely to meet you. Here, take a seat, and take a minute to calm down." I gently sat her down at the table, and Blossom gave her a cup of coffee. 

                                 "Don't know if you like coffee, but here you are. I'll get you some food in a second." She murmured, and Rowan sat up, rubbing the back of their head.

                                   "Sorry about that, lass. I didn't mean to chase you like that, but you wouldn't stop runnin'." They stood, before sitting at the table with her and offering her a cigar.

                                     "Yes please, thank you." She sighed, letting them light the cigar for her and puffing on it, sipping the coffee. Mother Miranda walked into the room, and she gave Chloe a sympathetic look.

                                      "I'm sorry about your harsh awakening, I didn't mean for you to wake up in such a way. My name is Mother Miranda." She explained, and Chloe nodded slowly.

                                        "I'm Chloe. Yeah, sorry about that, I spook easily. Question: Why is my head a fucking pumpkin?" She asked, and I noticed her eyes and mouth moved like a regular set. 

                                         "I brought you back with the Cadou, and it seems to have taken nicely. Blossom is another good example of the Cadou's altering power." Mother Miranda explained, and she nodded slowly, taking another sip of coffee.

                                            "Well, now what? Can't quite leave, now can I?" She asked, and Mother Miranda nodded sympathetically.