A Private Moment

'Joe, you're soaked!' Jill exclaimed as she leaned in for a hug.

It was noon, and another busy day at the White House. Joe was returning from a morning function in Maryland, Jill was putting the final touches to another dinner for another world leader.

The president of South Africa and his wife were in DC.

'Yeah, we got caught when we landed, just as the wheels touched down the heavens opened, what could I do?' he asked rhetorically, 'but keep moving. The press would say I was afraid of the rain if I waited and that I was an imbecile if I ran and slipped so I just, well, walked and got wet!' he explained as he embraced his wife..

'Did no one think to give you an umbrella?' Jill asked.

He grinned, 'well, yeah, of course but I gave it away', he replied.

She narrowed her eyes. 'And who takes the President's umbrella in the middle of a rain shower, may I ask?'

'Honey, there were three ladies on the flight. No way I was keeping it for myself', he explained with a tone that indicated he was quite pleased with himself.

His wife sighed and reached out again, resting her hand on his damp sleeve. She stepped close and leaned up, letting her lips hover near his. 'That's really very cute', she whispered coyly. 'My gentleman'.

She said the final two words more as a title than a statement, and he grinned as she kissed him. Who cares how wet I get if this is my reward, Joe thought in absolute satisfaction.

She looked around. Agents stood in close proximity. The Chef was in the dining room where they had been putting the final touches to the plates for dinner this evening. Standing with Joe in the hallway outside she checked her watch.

'It's almost time to get ready anyway and you need to get out of those wet clothes', she told him. 'Lemme just finish up here and we can get changed.'

He checked his phone as he waited for her.

'Lead the way boss', he joked as she emerged from the dining room. He fixed his eyes on her glorious ass as she turned and walked a step ahead of him, reaching her hand back to hold his. He sighed, both at the sight before him and the feeling of her hand in his. God I'm a lucky man, he thought as he grinned.

'Ok, let's run through this evening's schedule for a sec', Joe said as they reached their bedroom, needing to focus now on the rest of the day ahead. He let Jill's hand go and began to loosen his tie.

'We both greet the President and First Lady outside. Then we come inside, have tea and exchange the gifts', he said, slipping his suit coat off his shoulders and down his arms.

'The president and I go to the Oval and have the bi-lat while you and the First Lady go to the ballet academy and then we all meet back here for a short cultural exchange which is a choir and music from the International school in Virginia', he continued as he folded his coat and then placed it across the back of a nearby chair. He kicked off his shoes, followed by his damp socks and turned to face her again.

'After that we four have the official photos and a private dinner and wrap it all up around 8.00pm. That it?' he asked, now discarding his shirt. She swallowed as she watched him coming to stand closer to her, wearing nothing but his trousers.

Jill had to take a moment, tearing her eyes from the vision in front of her to run through what Joe had just said. 'Umm, yep, that all sounds right', she said, her heart taking up a faster rhythm. She sat down on the edge of their bed, her legs a little unsteady.

Seemingly oblivious Joe turned to the bureau. 'Actually, that reminds me', he said, rummaging through a stack of files as she watched the muscles of his back ripple as he searched. She swallowed hard, feeling a familiar heat flood her body.