Chapter Twenty-Four, Bachelorette Party

Three weeks later it was the day before Me and Caleb’s wedding, and Sav and Maria were throwing me a bachelorette party

“Honey? I hear water running, are you showering?”

I looked through the peep of the shower door and there was Caleb wearing his workout clothes still.

“Yes...you seem awfully sweaty…would you wanna help your dear pregnant soon to be wife shower?”

I watched through the crack again as he got that big kid on christmas morning smile.

I love that smile.

“Of course, Maci’s still asleep so I can help.”

We spent the next thirty minutes in the shower except most of it he literally was helping me.

I was now seven months pregnant and anything and everything seemed to be too much for my body to handle.

I stepped out and realized I forgot my towel and I was shivering.

I suddenly felt big warm arms wrap around me like a bear.

“Thank you honey. I forgot my towel again...”

He laughed and handed me his robe.

“There, that will work for now, I should probably start breakfast. Love you.”

He leaned down, kissed my belly then headed to the kitchen.

A little while later after I’d done my hair, make-up, and gotten dressed, I joined them for breakfast.

“Mama, will you be gone past my bedtime?”

I thought about this for a second.

I honestly didn’t know, the girls wouldn’t give me any details.

“I’m not sure but you’ll have Daddy, Uncle Car, Uncle Chase, Uncle C, and Jason.”

She smiled her big silly smile and ran to play outside.