Chapter Twenty-Seven, Movie Night

After they left I sat on the porch watching Caleb and Maci play.

At dinner I was too nauseous to eat so I laid on the couch watching "Gone With The Wind".

This had been my favorite movie since I was a little girl and my Grandmother took me to the theaters to see it.

This was the only memory I had with her, and if I’m being honest one of my only good childhood memories.

“Mama what are you watching?”

Maci came and sat right beside me on the couch.

“I’m watching "Gone With The Wind".”

When Maci was sick for a whole week around the start of the school year we did a movie marathon and "Gone With The Wind", was one of the movies we watched.

We also watched "Fried Green Tomatoes", "Titanic", "Dirty Dancing", "The Notebook", "The Age Of Adaline", and a load of princess movies.

Her favorite was "The Notebook", she cried a lot during that one and once it was over she wanted to re-watch it right after we’d seen it.

“Oh that was a good movie…Mama, can I stay up later tonight?”

I knew she had an endgame with wanting to stay up late.

“Why do you want to stay up late?”

She smiled her silly smile and at that moment I realized it didn’t matter why she wanted to, I was already going to say yes.

“Well I was thinking we could watch "The Notebook" with Daddy.”

She looked at me with her puppy dog eyes.

“Well I’m not opposed to the idea, it’s your Daddy you have to convince.”

She jumped up skipping to the kitchen.

A few minutes later Maci came back into the living room holding her juice and Caleb’s hand.

“She convinced ya huh?”

He smiled at me and laughed.

“That she did, so let’s watch this movie, why don’t we?”

That night we stayed up late watching "The Notebook" and eating popcorn and twizzlers.

By the time the movie ended Caleb had fallen asleep.

“Mama?”

Maci whispered carefully to not wake Caleb.

“What baby?”

She smiled her silly smile again.

“Can we have a sleepover out here?”

We’d done this a time or two before our couch was very big so we all fit on it perfectly.

“Why not?”

She smiled at me and jumped up to turn out the lights.

She climbed back onto the couch and snuggled up in-between me and Caleb, resting her feet by Caleb and laying her hand resting on my belly.

“I love you little sister. Love you Mama.”

And with that I watched her drift into a sleep me right behind her.