Chapter Twenty-Five, Wedding

I woke up and turned over to see that Caleb’s side of the bed was already made.

There was a note in his place.

I read it aloud.

“Bad luck to see the bride the day of…I love you so much and the next time I see you I will be making my vows and calling you wife. Love your husband-to-be in less than eight hours.”

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom.

In less than two seconds of me going in there and sitting on the toilet I heard someone banging on my bedroom door.

“HELLO!?”

“SAV I’M IN THE BATHROOM!”

That didn’t stop her though she barged into my room and then came storming into the bathroom.

“Well thank you so much for my privacy it was really kind of you to wait till I was done peeing.”

I laughed but she didn’t.

Uh-oh.

“What now?”

“WHAT NOW YOU ASK? THE CAKE PEOPLE MESSED UP THE CAKE!!”

She was staring at it with a crazed look, like she could kill someone.

Wait scratch that not someone but the cake people.

“Sav calm down I’m sure it’s not that bad. What did they mess up the flavor? The coloring?”

“NO IT’S NOT THAT BAD IT’S WORSE! JUST COME SEE FOR YOURSELF!”

And with that she stormed out of my room and I sat there still peeing, listening to her slippers click clacking down the stairs.

“Oh my, surely it’s not that bad?”

I went downstairs to see for myself when I saw the mistake.

“Oh.”

I stared down at the cake that said Caleb and Leah.

“Who is Leah?”

I asked aloud even though no one was there.

“Well if it’s who I think it is this was no mistake but on purpose, you see Leah is the woman Caleb was supposed to marry her Mother is a wicked lady who used to be friends with my our Mom that is until our Mom realized she only wanted to be friends with her so that one day Caleb and Leah could be together.

When they were teenageres she tried to force them together, neither of them wanted it so Leah convinced her Mama that she didn’t like Caleb that wasn’t enough for her though.

I think this is Leah’s Mama’s way of saying; leave him alone he belongs to my daughter.”

I turned to see Carlisle standing behind me looking at the cake with a digested look.

“I think I met her Mother, she was the reason I left without telling Caleb I was pregnant.”

I stared back at Carlisle suddenly feeling sick to my stomach.

“Oh no!”

It was too late though I threw up.

All over the cake, floor, and counter.

“Oh Serena, are you ok?”

He came straight to my side and held me up because I started to get wobbly.