CHAPTER 12

Beware: KiddLu content ahead

This chapter is probably going to be pretty long!!

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Luffy and Kidd been dating for a few weeks and both were happy in the relationship. Luffy hadn't noticed any red flags or anything like that.

Kidd cared about him and loved spending time with him. Kidd picked Luffy up in the mornings and took him to school, just like Law used to.

At least once a week Luffy was at Kidd's apartment to have a movie day where they just laid around watching movies. At the end of these days, Kidd would drive Luffy home because Luffy still had boundaries and refused to sleep over.

At the beginning of their relationship Luffy and Kidd had had a discussion about their boundaries in a relationship and what they both needed from the other. They believed that by starting the relationship that way would make things easier in the long run.

It was Thursday and Kidd and Luffy we're having another movie day. Luffy was laying on Kidd's lap as they watched Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

After the movie was over, Kidd paused the TV before the next one could play.

"Heyyyy!!! I wanna watch the next one!" Luffy protested as he started to pout.

"We will. We will. Hold on," Kidd said with a chuckle. "I have a question for you."

"What is it?" Luffy asked as he sat up to look at Kidd.

"Would you want to go on an actual date with me? Like going to a restaurant and then doing something after. We've mostly just been at home. Well, here. I guess that's not exactly home for you," Kidd said as he looked at Luffy.

Luffy gave Kidd a big smile. "Of course!!" Luffy said as he gave Kidd a kiss on the cheek. "When?"

"How about Saturday? I got work off and your free on Saturdays most of the time," Kidd proposed.

"That works!! I'll have to call Nami," Luffy said.

"Why Nami?" Kidd inquired. He was almost 90% sure the orange haired woman didn't like him; he had met her once and she wasn't exactly friendly.

"To help me pick my outfit of course. I have no sense of style half the time," Luffy said with a small chuckle. Then he laid his head back on Kidd's lap.

Once Saturday rolled around, Luffy called Nami over.

"Hey Lu!!" She said as she walked into the dorm without even knocking.

"Hey, ready to get started? I need to leave in about an hour," Luffy said as he got up off of his bed.

"I'm gonna head out, you two have fun playing dress up," Zoro said as he grabbed his keys and walked out the door.

The next hour passed by slowly. Nami and a Luffy kept arguing about what Luffy should wear on the date. Kidd hadn't specified what kind of restaurant they would be going to, so Nami said Luffy should dress up, but Luffy said he should just be casual.

In the end they decided on a nice pair of ivory slacks, I plain brown t-shirt, and a pair of brown converse that perfectly matched his shirt.

"Lovely!! You look great Lu!!" Nami said as she herded him towards the bathroom to quickly fix his hair.

"Thanks Nami," Luffy said with a small smile on his face.

"I don't particularly like Kidd, but if you're happy I'll be civil," Nami said as she made the final touches to Luffy's hair.