CHAPTER 5

And here's chapter 5!!!

At this point I honest to god think I have One Piece brain rot and just keep getting more and more unhinged.

Anyways, enjoy!!

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

2 months later~

Law groaned as his alarm clock went off.  Slowly he dragged himself out of bed and started to get ready. Luffy and him had been fake dating for awhile now and things were going fine.  Monet was backing off and finally giving him the peace he wanted.   He didn't think that it would be too much longer before they would be able to call it off. 

His only issues with calling it off would be that Monet may begin to persue him again after wards and faking a believable break up to begin with. Plus, he has liked having someone to talk to who wasn't Penguin or Shachi. Penguin spent most of his time with his boyfriend, Killer, anyway.

Law finished getting ready and sent a text to Luffy saying he was on his way. He had been picking Luffy up for a little over a month now. Luffys car broke down and he didn't want to trouble his brothers with repair costs, so he just caught a ride with Law.

Law pulled up to Luffy's dormitory and texted him that he was there. A few minutes later Luffy came bounding down the sidewalk and jumped in his car.

"Hey babe!" Luffy said as he got in.

"Hi," Law replied with a smile. As he started to drive, he brought up what he didn't even want to mention. "So, I think Monet is finally starting to leave me alone. So the contract will probably end soon."

"Oh. Yeah. To be honest I kind of forgot this was fake..." Luffy said in a tone Law had never heard before. A tone of sadness. "I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out with me and my friends this weekend.... But if the contract is ending then we cut all contact, right?"

"Um. We can wait a bit. Just to make sure Monet won't bother me again. Plus we need time to plan the "breakup". I can go this weekend. Would Friday work?" Law asked, trying to remedy the situation he created.

"Uh.... No. I have other plans that day. I'm hanging out with a friend," Luffy explained as his mind drifted to Kidd. They were going to hang out as friends. At least, Luffy thought that's what it was.

"Saturday then?" Law offered as he decided not to focus too heavily on what Luffy said.

"Yeah, let me text them and see if they are all free. What would you want to do?" Luffy responded.

"Anything you want to do. I'm pretty much okay with whatever," Law replied.

"Okay. Gimme a sec," Luffy said, then pulled out his phone to text the group chat.

StrawHats

Luffy: Hey, I was wondering if you guys are free on Saturday?

Nami: Yeah, why?

Luffy: To meet Law. It's been 2 months.

Robin: Ofc we are free for that!

Luffy: Great! What do you want to do? Law doesn't have any ideas.

Zoro: What about karaoke?

"Zoro wants to know if karaoke is okay?" Luffy asked, finally looking up from his phone.

"Yeah, that sounds fine. Whatever you wanna do," Law replied.

StrawHats

Luffy: Law said karaoke is fine.

Nami: Great! 5 pm work?

Luffy: It should

Robin: Yep

Zoro: Yes

Usopp: Yes ma'am

Ace: Sabo and I will be there! Can't wait to meet our baby brother's boyfriend!!!!

Luffy: Shit. Forgot you guys were in this

Ace: Shut up. We are going

Chopper: My mom and dad said I could go

Luffy gave Law the general rundown as they arrived at the school. Law walked his fake boyfriend to class, gave him a kiss on the forehead, then went to the library to study while he waited for Luffy to get out of class.

While in the library, none other than Monet sat beside Law.

"What do you want Monet?" Law asked the green haired woman.

"Im just curious how your relationship is," she stated, clearly trying to get under his skin.

"My relationship is fine, thank you," Law replied as he tried to focus on the textbook in front of him.

"Are you sure? I've seen him hanging out with that Kidd guy. You have a few classes with him don't you?" Monet prompted.

"Yes I'm sure. And Luffy can hang out with whoever he wants to," Law replied, getting more and more annoyed. He couldn't figure out what annoyed him more, Monet or the fact that Luffy has been hanging out with Kidd.

Law did have a few classes with Kidd, and from what he knew, Kidd was a prick. He wasn't exactly thrilled that Luffy was hanging out with him, but he couldn't figure out why it bothered him so much.

"Mkayyy. Have fun with your relationship~" Monet said as she got up and left the library. It was if she had come only to mess with Law's head.

After Luffy's class was over, he checked his phone again. By then, everyone in the group chat had confirmed that Saturday at 5 worked. They also planned on going to Usopp's apartment since his roommate was going to be out that night. Usopp had a really cool gaming setup, so they were gonna stay there.

After Luffy knew the details, he sent them all to Law.

Law picked Luffy up after class, and they drove home together, just as they had for a month. Only this time, it was oddly silent. It was an awkward silence, but neither knew why.

Both men could barely sleep that night, their minds were racing with thoughts.

Luffy knew he was getting attached to Law, and he also knew that Law was going to leave him as soon as Luffy had served his purpose.

Law was thinking about Luffy and Kidd. About their relationship with each other. And about why he cared so much. He couldn't seem to come up with a logical answer.

At least, not one that wasn't a breach of contract.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The contract getting in the way?

Check

(1029 words)