Chapter 3 - |Tango found a home|

"Stop, please, it hurts." I whined. My arm was outstretched in an uncomfortable position I couldn't get it out of. The water poured on my arm made my skin go red and it burned. I couldn't hold back the tears. My arm was in unbearable pain. They had done this before and it never got better. My ears ringing, I held my breath to try and stop the crying, to hold it back.
It stopped, the water that was hurting me had stopped. My once outstretched arm now lay by my side. He was holding me close. His eyes shone, one a beautiful deep brown the other eye more mechanical was an orangish red. He held me close and in that moment nothing else mattered to me. The itch in my arm was pushed down and ignored. The brunette ran us towards a small boat and placed me inside. Once my mind was no longer focused on him the itching in my arm came back and it came back strong. I scratched and itched and it burned the wet air of the ocean only hurt more.
I could hold in for a day and the hurt would probably get better. It would still hurt and the red bumps have only formed on my arms and they wouldn't form elsewhere. As long as I stay out of the water I should be fine. My arm still hurt as my eyes drifted shut and I slept. Visions of a golden sheep on a beach filled my night. When I awoke I checked on my companion that had been pushing us along. His eyes barely held open. I extended my arm just barely from the water and pulled him in. Their hair was wet and I knew it was gonna burn me but not letting him rest on my lap after he had carried me felt wrong plus, I had the hospital gown on that had to stop some of it right?
Their long tail hung off the boat; it wasn't in the water so it wouldn't slow us. I pulled a paddle from the side of the boat and moved us closer to the land on the horizon. Well paddling us through the sea I got a better chance to look at him. Parts of his body had been replaced with things more robotic from his tail to around where the orangish red eye was planted in his face. The rise and fall of their chest was more than enough to prove that they were still alive and that the brown haired boy wasn't just a robot.
The water helped push us along to the shore. We made it together. Even if I didn't really know the boy who had saved me. The brunette that slept on my lap had woken up and pulled the boat ashore and helped me out. We stood there just by the shore of a place we didn't know looking into eachothers eyes. Then I felt a boy I didn't know hug us. They had curly blonde hair and little horns just barely peeking through it. I went to look at them when I felt them pull away tears strung down their face. An almost whispered "sorry" could be heard from them. Then I felt a hand placed on my shoulder and could see an arm wrapped around the boy with horns. We all walked towards the house that lay just a little from the beach.
Once we had entered the house I planted myself on the couch next to the other two and we curled up together in one big cuddle pile. We all sat there and once we all were ready we talked and got to know each other as it seemed we would be spending a lot of time together. I learned that the brunette was called Impulse and the blonde was called Zedaph.
After our long talk Zedaph offered us some clothes. Though he said they might not fit, I think it's worth the risk because I don't like the hospital gown thing that the lab had me in and I am sure Impulse doesn't like it much either. Zedaph led us to his room and pulled a red sweater and a pair of leggings out for me and pulled a black t-shirt with yellow trim and a pair of shorts that had a hole in the rear for Impulse. I was about to just get changed right there in front of them when Impulse pulled me out of Zedaph's room and told me not to get changed in front of people. I walked to the bathroom and got dressed in there and when I walked out Impulse was dressed and talking with Zedaph.
It was decided that we were gonna make soup for dinner. Actually Zedaph was gonna make soup since Impulse and I had no experience in the kitchen. Having been fed by scientists who wouldn't let you do anything for most of your life didn't help with that. Once the soup was done we were told to let it sit and cool for a moment. I wanted to eat it right then and there and took one spoonful. It was deliciously hot and it was perfect. They gave me a panicked look when I downed the whole bowl of soup. It was hard to explain that I could eat hot food without it hurting but I think they got it enough that they stopped looking panicked. They both had to let it cool and then ate the soup.
After eating a second serving of soup I curled up on the couch next to Impulse and Zedaph. I was slowly drifting asleep on Impulse's lap as Zedaph was reading a long book he had pulled off the shelf. This was a place I could call home and they were people I could call a family it was perfect.