Chapter 5 - |Impulse's worry|

His stomach dropped the moment Zedaph mentioned going back. He could tell it was from the best of intentions but all that he could think was what if we don't make it out. What if they get hurt? "I don't want you getting hurt and we need some time before we go back and help others."

"Oh ok" Zedaph said not fully getting it but Impulse could see he was trying to. "Take your time"

They finished their food in an awkward silence leaving a ringing in his ears. Once he was done Impulse left the table and went outside. He sat by the beach letting the sound of the waves and the feeling of the wind relax him. It wasn't relaxing him all too well so he stretched out and entered the water letting him go back. Back to a time when it was him and his family swimming through the ocean playing and laughing. Then its blood they're blood and he's holding his mom and screaming he's crying. He doesn't want to be there.

Then he's back on the beach staring out with tears forming in his eyes. He fell down, his tears rolling off his cheeks. He was never going to see them; he wasn't going to lose anyone again. He sat there in the water letting his tears fall down until he felt better.

His eyes no longer red and wet he went back into the house. The two blondes hug him, they hold him close and he cries and they stay with him. They stood there at the door for who knows how long Impulse was crying and the Tango and Zedaph were holding him close.

They were his friends and he wasn't going to let them be taken away from him the way his family was. Zedaph had cooked something when Impulse was out on the shore crying and had stopped when Tango pointed out that he thought Impulse was upset on the shore. Both of them had decided to hug him once he got inside.

They were always gonna be together, that's what they needed. They needed each other.

That night they slept together in Zedaph's bed and cuddled up together. Impulse and Tango lay on the opposite sides of Zedaph who lay in between the two taller people. It was Just them together it was perfect.