chapter 4

Gus's pov

I woke up the next morning in Vee's lap she looked so peaceful sleeping "you know it's rude to stare" she said and opened one eye. My face turned red, I tried to hide my blush by burying my face in the crook of her neck. "Hehe I'm teasing, you know what today is right" she asked looking me dead in the eyes "the day we escape" I said determination in my eyes we were getting out of here today no doubt.

(Time skip to when the get out of the Cage)

"Vee I have to go and try to convince them we aren't there enemy" I said I was trying to get her to let me go but she and a firm grip on my hand "are you serious they're going to try and kill you there's no way you're doing that!" She whisper yelled "my puba taught me that if I ever saw a human I should hide. I'm done hiding" I said her eyes wavered "fine but promise me that you come back unharmed" she said and let go of my hand. I looked her In the eyes "I promise no way I'd ever leave you now" I said then she did something I never would have expected. She kissed my cheek! "Call it sort of a parting gift" she winked at me and my face went beat red. I smiled and then we went out separate ways.

(Time skip, after Gus gave his speech)

I was running as rast as I could before someone grabbed my arm "sweet tooth!" It was jepp "big man!" He took my hand in his
"What the fuck happened to your antlers" jepp asked I looked down "they took it" "oh I'm so sorry I wasn't there" jepp said "that's besides the point we need to get out of here" he started listing off things to break the lock, I just picked the lock and opened the door "or that works to" he said then we were off. When me and jepperd got to the others, Vee she was gone "where's Denavee" I said when I didn't see her on the bus. "MOM DENAVEE RUN!" the others yelled I turned around and they were running this way.
They got on the bus, she ran at me and tackled me into a hug, we sat down and just talked the rest of the way till we took a pit stop.

She was sitting on the bench looking at the stars I sat down next to her "aren't you cold I asked her" she simply looked at me and lifted her tail "oh yeah your lucky I bet your always warm" she looked at me. Before I knew it I was right next to her and her tail was around me. I didn't know what to say so I scooched closer and nuzzled against her I had fallen asleep like that and the last thing I remember was feeling like I was in her arms being carried on to the bus.