Chapter 8- The mysterious temple

Meanwhile, away from the house where Sonic and Amy resided, Tails, Knuckles and Cream were just walking on a little trail in the woods right by an unnamed beach where they were working on finding out where Dr. Eggman was hiding.

"Are we even sure that the doctor will be here?" Cream asked nervously as she clung onto Tails in case something was going to come out and spook her from behind.

"Positive, Cream." Tails assured for like the thousandth time. Throughout their search for the doctor, Tails, and Knuckles were kept busy by reassuring the young bunny that nothing bad was going to happen to them while Sonic was not around. "Although my new invention has just lost some of its battery power, I have a feeling that we are getting close."

"Um, Tails? Does this seem anywhere closer to the doctor?" Knuckles pointed out as the group beheld the sight that they found; all of their eyes were wide with either fascination or shock. Cream seemed to be the most horrified by the find, forgetting her fears on what would come up next.

It was a big temple that they have never seen before, just with the classic old textures and huge staircases, but this one was sort of holding a darker presence and it had blood splattered at some places. Most of the blood looked like it was used as symbols, but the group could not figure out what the symbols meant.

"I'm afraid that my invention has led us somewhere else, Knuckles." Tails said in a nervous tone.

"Can we go home now?" Cream said, hesitating as she hid behind her small dress.

Knuckles shook his head as he took the first steps toward the temple. "Well, since we are right here, I think we should check it out, just to be sure that we can figure out a bigger threat than what Dr. Eggman is thinking." He sprinted ahead of the group.

"Knuckles, wait up!" Both Cream and Tails said at the same time as they caught up to the brawn of their group who is now walking up the big staircase to the entrance of the building.

Inside of the temple, it looked dark in appearance and held an overwhelming feeling of dread and fear as the group trekked on through the darkness. Knuckles led the way as Tails and Cream followed closely behind. Cream even had to hold onto Tails' arm as she closed her eyes, shivering from the cold air that was blowing through the area.

"Why do I feel like I know this place? I never thought that this temple existed!" Tails wondered out loud, looking both ways as he studied some of the ancient pictures or drawings that were there. It is something different that neither he nor Sonic could ever dream of finding.

"I'm scared, Tails..." Cream shuddered, holding onto Tails' arm tightly. "I have a bad feeling about this."

Tails patted Cream on the head as they continued going through the darkness. They soon found a small flame that was shown through the shadows; it was a few inches away from the group as they went over to see what was over there.

Once when they got closer, the flame went out the moment Knuckles almost touched the intense heat with his hands, and once when the huge flame was out, there stood Blaze the cat as she looked at him in curiosity.