Chapter 10- a racing game

Birds chirped from outside of the house as Amy stirred from her slumber. She blinked her eyes a bit as she rubbed them to get rid of the sand that found its way onto the edges of her eyes.

She sighed as she forced herself to get out of bed and stretch out her arms and legs. She still felt heartbroken over what Sonic had said. Maybe that was why she didn't feel as energetic as she once was a few days ago.

She knew that what he was saying was true though, each time she followed him, she would either get caught by Dr. Eggman or one of his helpers. She couldn't blame herself for letting her guard down all of the time whenever that happens, she just went through all of those troubles just to see him and protect him if necessary.

But at that moment, her view of loving him had somehow changed, whether by her dreams or by her heart. She didn't know why but something within her mind was trying to tell her that Sonic didn't care about her little crush on him.

By instinct, she scratched on her neck where her bandages were sticking on. "First off, I got to take this thing off." She said to herself as she walked into the bathroom, stripping off her nightgown and the bandage, completely unaware of the mark on her neck as she took her shower.

Once the shower was done, she grabbed a nearby towel and dried herself off, only to find that her bite mark was still dripping blood from where the wound was. Quickly taking the towel away from her neck, Amy gathered some water on her hands to rub some of the blood off, as it was soaking, she went into the cupboard and took out another bandage to cover it up.

"What is it with this thing?" Amy winced in pain as she placed the bandage on gently. "Wasn't it a few days ago that I got this wound? It should have stopped bleeding for crying out loud!" She didn't notice that the wound was trying to form into a bleeding heart as she covered it up.

Amy went into her closet next as she brought out her exercise clothing from the dryer and put them on. Today was another day into getting some exercise, so she had to be prepared and work as hard as she could. She also got herself one of the water bottles from the fridge and had a decent breakfast before she decided to head out.

Though it was still an hour and a half away for her to start her exercising session pretty soon, Amy wanted to be prepared for the day as she jotted down the alarm on her cellphone to tell her when it will be time to start. She even took the Chaos Emeralds with her so that they would be safe with her, she didn't want them to fall into the wrong hands while she is out.

As she walked out of the house and into the forest, Amy thought about her relationship with Sonic. Was he just jealous that Amy chose to hang out with EXE for just one date? He didn't act that way when she pretended to date Dexter, her imaginary friend that she created to make him jealous. But still, why would he act that way when EXE was just trying to have some fun with her? She would never receive that answer until she speaks to Sonic again, or could it be possible to ask EXE himself why he acts like that?

Now her thoughts had changed to the ultimate bad boy version of Sonic; EXE. She scratches her head a few times as she remembered all that he had done. Even though he is not her ideal hero much like how Sonic is, EXE somehow knows how to charm his way into her heart. Like he treats her as his queen and he is the lowly servant, Amy shook her head from that thought, there would be no way he could steal her heart like how Sonic did, would he?