Chapter 14 - Playing with the Entity

Meanwhile at Eggman's lair

The room where Eggman was last seen is empty. The traps that were suppose to be used to trap Sonic and Amy were either crushed or destroyed. Only two hedgehogs were present in the desolate place as the cold wind blew from the windows that were shattered.

Hiding in the shadows where you could barely see what they looked like, one of the hedgehogs is seen gathering the scattered Chaos Emeralds into his pocket as his alley beside him was checking around to see any sign of the doctor to figure out what was going on.

Luckily for them, they noticed a security camera that had escaped from the destruction of the lair as it flickered on and off whenever the electricity was trying to break it apart. The mysterious hedgehogs took the camera down and examined the tape on one of the computers. Upon seeing what went on in the lair, the hedgehogs left the tape where it was on the computer and rushed out of the area to find out where the heck the perpetrator went off to with the girl they know too well.

XXXXX

Back to the gang

The staircase looked like it would take forever to get to the top. At least that was what the gang had thought as they traveled up the trail of staircases as they searched for the room where Amy might be held hostage in. They didn't know where she disappeared to after when they encountered EXE in the mirror room, but their likely guess was that he put her in another room far away from the one where they were stuck at. She had to be around the temple somewhere.

Tails pondered on what to do as he and his friends traveled up the stairs, keeping one hand on the wall and his other hand was wrapped around Cream's hand to make sure that she is still right beside him. "What should we do for our plan to defeat EXE?" He asked Knuckles as he turned his gaze to see how Knuckles and Sally were doing as they kept their grip on the mirror, silently walking together as they took careful steps. If they made one wrong move, the mirror would shatter upon contact with the ground.

"It would be simple to kill that fiend so that he doesn't cause any trouble for anyone else." Knuckles replied as he grunted while carrying the heavy mirror. "But we should not worry about that for now. The main thing we need to worry about is how to get Amy away from him." He turned his gaze away from Tails and looked at Sally, wondering if she could provide a solution to the problem. "What do you think we should do, Sally?"

"Based on my calculations," Sally began to explain. "It would be considered a possibility to distract EXE, but the problem will be who will do the honors of distracting the demon hedgehog while another one of us is going to get Amy out of there. I am not sure if I have the right skills to get your friend out of there on my own."

"Tails and I might have a higher chance of distracting EXE long enough so that you and Cream can get Amy out of there safely." Knuckles offered his opinion on the matter at hand. "We are better suited for fighting and we are far more experienced with dangerous enemies. I think EXE will be no different from Eggman or anyone else."

"But what if he is more dangerous than all the other villains?" Cream pondered out loud as she griped Tails' hand tighter. She did see that there was something different in EXE than the other villains she had seen in her lifetime. The eyes somehow spoke of destruction and possession. Plus, she felt a darker aura that is present on him. Could it be possible that he is the ultimate evil they were risking to face in head to head combat? The rabbit hoped that her theory would be incorrect as she shook her head, not willing to let him get the better of her, not when her friends life is at hand.

Then again, Cream wondered what exactly he did to Amy before she fled to warn her friends. The rabbit knew that she noticed something odd was going on with Amy when she watched her and EXE from a bush nearby. Just by studying Amy's face, Cream thought that there was fear in her eyes, yet there was something that is keeping the fear from surfacing. There was no other way around it, Cream had seen the look of love that was in her friends eyes.