Chapter 17- Sonic vs. EXE

*A few minutes before EXE destroy's the mirror*

As Sonic watched from the mirror while the battle between his friends and their EXE selves raged on, he wondered if his friends had what it took to defeat the demonic hedgehog that has no doubt succeeding in one of his plans to take over the world. Soon after the last EXE was pushed into the mirror, Sonic wondered if he had to prepare himself for a fight, but as he suspected, the EXE version of his friend Tails, vanished completely from sight within the mirror. It didn't take long until he figured out that the EXE versions of his friends were summoned from the demonic hedgehog's mind in order to destroy them, they were going to replace the originals if they ever had the chance to do that.

However, Sonic knew better that his friends would not fall for that kind of thing. He became very proud to know that Knuckles, Tails, Cream, and even the new girl Sally, had taken down one of EXE's illusions without any hesitation. But when it almost came time for them to smash the mirror he was imprisoned in, Sonic felt a bit tense as he watches to see if they could figure out that he was still locked inside of the mirror. His heart broke when he reminded himself that they would not be able to see him, EXE made sure that they would not be able to see him, but his sorrow turned in relief as the mirror didn't shatter upon impact, even better yet, his friends decided to keep the mirror safe from harm and bring it with them as they continued to go through the temple.

He feared for the worst when his friends battled against EXE, trying to kill him with many different ways to silence him and make sure that he stays dead. He did feel impressed that his friends got a little bit farther than he had when he tried to battle EXE in the mirror room. But then at the sight of Amy being turned into an EXE really made his heart stop beating as soon as he looked into her eyes, seeing that all her hope, faith, and innocence in him was shattered.

Sonic knew that this wasn't the Amy he used to know. EXE had changed her personality to better suit his need for a playmate. He could care less about how the demon hedgehog changed his friend in more ways than one, all he knew after hearing her words, her claiming that Sonic never really loved her and that all he cared about was saving the world, it made him force the tears out of his eyes and collapse on the ground.

Sonic cried at the loss of his childhood friends innocence being stolen, he cried at his friends' futile attempts to snap the girl out of her trance, and he cried over the fact that Amy believes in her mind that he didn't care about her. He tried to reassure himself that she doesn't think of that at all, saying that it is EXE who is controlling her to think like that.

The reassurance did very little to hide the shame and guilt that Sonic hid over his imprisonment in the dimension EXE kept him in. The blue hedgehog muttered, "I'm sorry, Amy. I-I have failed to protect you, to protect everyone I care about." His warm tears rolled across his face as he tries to remember her nice smile and her enthusiastic attitude, her loyalty and dedication to help him even though he didn't really want her to do that for him. He couldn't bring up anymore words as he fails to choke back his sobs that are taking full control over his emotions.

He covered his eyes as he tries to wipe away his tears. "Sonic." A gentle masculine voice echoed in the dimension the blue hedgehog was in. "Why are you weeping when you have a job to do?"

Sonic jumped in shock, thinking that EXE had found him and is bound to finish the job of getting rid of him. But he stopped himself from positioning himself for battle. The voice he heard seemed too gentle and full of hope, so Sonic looked around only to spy a light, very light blue colorful male hedgehog appeared in front of him. Sonic narrowed his eyes in suspicion, only to find that the male hedgehog had silenced that infernal buzzing noise that was going on in the room. Nothing about this hedgehog seemed to raise any red flags that Sonic was trying to locate, but he did take a look in the mysterious hedgehog's eyes. The eyes seemed to be in a similar manner to EXE's eyes, but the outer coloring of the eyes are a bright white color and the lightest blue pupils. It looked like the pupils are shining like the sun.