Chapter 9- Contacts from the other side

Sonic was on his knees as he shook his head. The buzzing noise was faint in his ears as he clasped them to block it out. He had been trying to find a way to escape this horrible, nightmarish, prison for more than a half an hour, or possibly two to three since he didn't keep track of time while he was inside.

He had been a complete idiot for stepping into the trap that was set up by his evil counterpart. And by now, the speedy hero thought, the evil entity might be on his way to Sonic's house in order to get to Amy.

But he thought that he was a bigger idiot for not saying what he wanted to say to Amy. He just wanted her to be safe, from him, and from EXE, until the ordeal was done and over with. Being a bit cocky and shy when it came to the girl, he had to hide it behind his harsh words. He even wanted to stay by her side as she cried, but he was more concerned with her safety and her innocence that would be taken away by the very villain that would do anything to get what he wanted.

And he thought that Dr. Eggman was the heartless villain. Now there had to be another who takes the cake, or the chili-dog, whichever comes first in Sonic's opinion.

All he knew at the moment was to at least give a warning to Amy that EXE is bad news. But the big problem for him was that EXE blocked him from giving any contact with the pink hedgehog. Each time he tries to call out to her from within the darkest depths of EXE's mind, he severely gets shoved back to the ground with a thud. And each time he sees a portal to a certain part of the world where he tries to get close to, Sonic could go no farther than a step until the buzzing noise reaches his ears.

If Amy Rose was found dead or used by the very man he told her to be wary of, Sonic would not even forgive himself for leaving her out in the open. However, he just can't idly stand by and watch as EXE makes off with his girl, he even shivers each time he imagines them together. Sonic had to do something.

If he could not protect Amy from EXE, he had to make sure that Tails, Knuckles, or anyone who was as strong as him, to keep her safe. He was still kneeling on the dark ground as he forced his head up a bit to see another potential portal in the darkness. Narrowing his eyes as his gaze was locked onto the portal, Sonic pushed himself up and took a few unbearable steps to the item in front of him.

Ignoring the noise that threatened to break his head in half, Sonic broke out into a run over to the portal. He almost collapsed right on the portal as he panted in exhaustion. The prison was doing its best to drain his energy. The speedy hero peered into the portal as it showed him of what was happening in a place that he was not familiar with. But it did show him of where his friends were.

The dark corridors of the ancient temple were enough to set anyone off with dread and fear as the group led by Tails and Knuckles trekked on. Sonic narrowed his eyes, wondering why they were in this creepy place. He even spotted Blaze and a newcomer that he didn't recognize. From what it sounded like, his friends were learning about the fiend that Sonic now despised. Nevertheless, the speedy hero listened to what they were saying.

Tails and Knuckles were more curious than afraid as they never heard of a legend like this before. It was probably more legendary than Dr. Eggman's expeditions to rule the world. Though they feared that this EXE person was more deadly, more cunning and sharp-witted, and more merciless. Even those acts of Eggman's doing could pale in comparison to the legend that they heard.

Cream stuck close to Tails as she follows closely behind him, Blaze led the way through the dark paths as she and Sally made sure that the others were not lost in the trail. "Can you enlighten us on more of the legend, Sally?" Tails asked.