Chapter 16

Chan and Hyunjin stood in the doorway, surveying the scene before them, illuminated by soft moonlight. Their beautiful sleeping angel of a girlfriend, tangled up between two other members, their figures draped haphazardly with a twisted sheet, faces in shadow.

"We're going to need a bigger bed," Chan sighs.

Hyunjin snorts, pulling him by the arm back into the living room where they collapse, Chan motioning for Hyunjin to take the couch before sinking into the recliner. Hyunjin lays down, pulling the fuzzy throw over himself and up around his neck, watching Chan snuggle under an extra-large hoodie.

"Hyung."

"Mmmm."

"Wasn't that Minho with Han?" He'd seen the outline of Han's profile clearly against your chest, but where he expected to see Changbin, he saw the outline of a longer, somewhat less wide individual, whose shape he knew just as well from years of dancing and living and doing every thing together.

Chan lifted up on his elbows. "Was it? I wasn't really looking at them."

"I think so. Han was there for sure, but..."

"It was me. You guys would make terrible burglars, you know," Lee Know interjected, his voice quiet but somehow still loud, as he glided by sleepily. Both of the others jumped, mostly silently to their credit, and sat up to gape at him. He passed through to the kitchen holding an empty water glass, wearing only a pair of what looked like Han's boxers, they were so tight.

"What?" Lee Know scowled at them over the counter as he filled his glass.

"What happened?"

"Where's Changbin?"

"Wait..." Minho's eyebrow cocks upwards, his voice drawn out into a teasing whine as he flapped at Hyunjin to move over and sat down on the couch. "Did you guys try to pull a fast one? Did you set something up?"

"Maybe... we just wanted to see what would happen," Hyunjin started.

"Yeah, baby girl's been open to them for a while. We all talked about this, remember? So today, when Hyunjin and I got busy at the studio and had to miss our dinner with them, it didn't seem like a bad thing..."

"You actually did set it up?! You guys! Changbin was fucked up."

"Oh no!"

"What?!"

Both Chan and Hyunjin sat forward, wide awake now.

"How would you feel, being dropped into a situation like that, not knowing what you were in for?"

"Oh that's bull, he knew. I talked to him and Han about getting them together! Are you telling me he didn't give it any thought after that hour long discussion? He didn't even consider the possibility that it might actually happen?" Chan huffs, raising a finger to point toward the bedroom. "Because it seems to me like he's been pretty into her, lately especially . Did you see how he acted at MusicCore? When she played with his hair?"

"Into her doesn't mean into us ." Minho's flat statement deflated Bang Chan, who slumped visibly with a sigh.

"To be fair, Binnie gets just as googly-eyed when I play with his hair," Hyunjin murmurs.

"Well fuck... I feel terrible. I don't get it. Okay, so what happened?" Chan looks crestfallen.

Minho leaned back, grinning. "Hmmm, I don't really know. He wasn't really that upset, I was just fucking with y'all."

"You asshole," Chan muttered, shaking his head as Hyunjin swatted Minho across the chest with the edge of his blanket. Minho laughed, then cocked his head.