Chapter 27

The previous night...

Kat had managed to get the entire maknae line in the back of Sue's SUV after Lee Know called shotgun, settling them around Noelle's car seat. Felix cooed and tickled her from one side, Jeongin from the other, giggling at the faces she made. He covered her ears cutely when Han cursed, stubbing his toe as he tried to crawl into the back seats beside Seungmin. Somehow the tiny girl stayed calm and happy despite the volume of the idol-filled vehicle, which increased despite Jeongin's shushing.

Kat climbed up into the driver's seat, eliciting sounds of wonder from the peanut gallery.

"You can drive this monstrosity?" Han asked from the back, tickled. 

"She's from Texas. Of course she can," Lee Know snorted, as if somehow they should all know that.

"I learned at my pappy's knee, out on the prairie..." she drawled jokingly. This kicked off a barrage of questions about Kat's background that rapidly devolved into jokes about things being bigger in Texas as she drove them the short few blocks to Sue's house. As they neared, though, the car fell silent.

"You think they'll be okay?" Felix asked, taking advantage of a sudden lull in the conversation.

Kat glanced in the rear view mirror, smiling.

"She'll be fine, Sunshine. 2Basco–"

Han snorted loudly.

"–will be on their best behavior. And Jinnie is there. He'll referee, and you know he can keep the peace."

"I just... I don't want her to push herself if she's not... ready."

The MUA cast a quick glance back at the rest of the idols. They were all listening carefully, while pretending not to.

"She's stronger than we all think. Once she decides something, all we can do is hang on and watch the fireworks."

Behind her, his big hand resting soothingly on Noelle's belly, the youngest snickered.

"She can definitely take everything we can dish." The statement started another tawdry round of teasing as they pulled into the driveway.

After a quick tour of the guest quarters, the boys decided it was their turn to partake of the hottub. It was as loud as one would expect, doubled by an absolutely unhinged game of truth or dare.

"Truth or dare, Yongbok?" Seungmin grinned at Kat, a little twinkle in his eye.

Hair dripping, cheeks pink, Felix held up a finger as he chugged the last of his beer and grimaced.

"Always bitter at the end."

"Because you've been dangling it in the water for the last ten minutes, kitten." Leeknow patted Felix's damp head and grinned. "Now quit stalling."

"Alright, alright... Truth."

Seungmin, towel folded neatly on his head, leveled an accusing finger at the third youngest. "HOW DID YOU KNOW?"

The four others in the hot tub blinked in confusion.

"Huh?"

"About Kat and Seonghwa. You weren't even the least surprised."

"Oh!" Felix's confusion melted into mischief. "Well, I might have walked in on our little princess' conception."

Kat cackled, setting the baby monitor safely out the splash zone and sitting up on the edge, trying to steady herself through the giggles.

"OH MY GOD I'D FORGOTTEN ALL ABOUT THAT!"

This of course prompted a demand for explanation, which Felix gave them with a dramatic flare that Hyunjin would have been proud of.