17

"I'm not going to stop you again or anything..." I was about to start the interview with Reika the victim.
"Okay" I said trying not to look up at Kaburagi. I was a little shy about what happened yesterday, and things were just kind of weird between us.

"What is the relationship between you and Inami?" I asked the lady.
"We were a little close before, until I barely saw him"
"And why's that?" I asked, picking up my journal
"Well...I was an upcoming actress, I kind of trusted him at that time...but...he later introduced me to this industry. What...yes! He said that it belonged to an old friend, so I should trust him" I turned to Kaburagi, then back to Reika.

"The things they started doing at that company, things became really bad, really bad that I can't put them in words...so, I talked to Inami for help but...he was on their side. His industry and that industry were both colliding together" she said

...

I was with Kaburagi and we saw Inami the actor, so we walked over to him.

"Next week your article will be posted" Kaburagi said, not even waiting for a minute.
"Oh...I was really thinking the threat would work on you" the man said, with his hands in his pocket
"It's not me. Onoe still wanted to do it he didn't care about the threat-"
"Seriously?... Onoe?" Inami said, a little heartbroken. My head was faced down. I felt kind of bad because I know he might have done all these for a reason. His friend.

"Please I need to talk to Inami alone"
I needed to talk to Inami alone, so I kindly asked the Kaburagi to leave. After he left, I told the Inami what was on my mind.

"That industry...was it because of your old friend?" I asked, hoping it's not because I could already feel the guilt.
"Yes... it's his industry" he said, with a warm smile on his face.
"When I decided to stay in Japan after highschool, we stayed together and he was with me throughout my early stages in acting...he was always a backstage actor" chuckle.

"I just wish that-" he started to say before bursting into laughter. I was taken aback by the sudden change in emotion, unsure of how he could go from sad to laughing so quickly.

"As a journalist, you should have better judgement" he said patting me on my shoulders, walking out. Did he just trick me? It wasn't all true?

Third person POV.

Inami walked to where Kaburagi was and stopped.

"It's not too late. Anything you want to say to him you should...and that's what I would've done... and I need to do it now" Inami said, giving Kaburagi a warm smile, before walking out.

Onoe. POV

"Onoe-wait...are you crying?!" My head was faced down. They were all right. I'm naive. I'm stupid and I'm easy to trick.

I didn't want Kaburagi to see my face. I bet I'd look hideous.

"I want to go back to the office" I said wiping my tears.
...

"This is great, good job but... aren't you guys meant to be happy? Why do you two look down?" Mrs Minami asked
"Sorry please excuse me" I stormed out to the rooftop.
...

I was enjoying the fresh air on the rooftop when I felt hands wrap around my waist from behind.

I couldn't turn back, because my fave and his were close. He was resting his head on my shoulder. I could feel his cold breath on my neck.

"You were right...I am easy to brainwash"
"No...you weren't brainwashed...he met me and told me he'd finally confess to his friend. So you weren't brainwashed-"
"Seriously?" I asked a little shocked
"Yes...in fact you are a very hardworking investigative journalist, who never gives up...it was you who did all these all along" he said, rubbing his hand on my stomach.

I turned around, so I could see his face better, he had a cute smile on his face.

He walked close to me, and brought his hands to my cheek.
"I like you...so much Onoe you know that?"
"And I want to be with you..."
"What do you mean?" I asked. Is this it? The time were I get to be-
"Be with me Onoe...be my boyfriend"
"Um... let's see-"
"Shut up you idiot it wasn't a question" we both chuckled, and it soon stopped when his lips crashed on mine.

It was a soft passionate kiss. It was short but very nice.

"I'm taking you home"

Check out the next chapter ☞☞
❤️❤️❤️